The main advantage of Zerodha as a Stock Broker is its margin calculator as it is the simplest amongst other players in the market.
All you need to search for the specific script or desired investment product from various available options.
In Zerodha margin Calculator all you need to select the script where you will get all margin multiples, including expiry date, span margin and many more.
Zerodha Online Margin List
|💰 Equity Delivery Margin||1x (Time Margin)|
|💰 Equity Intraday Margin||14x (Time Leverage)|
|💰 Equity Future Leverage||Upto 2.5x (Time Limit)|
|💰 Equity Option Leverage||Upto 2.5x (Trading Margin)|
|💰 Currency Future Exposure||Upto 2x(Trading Exposure)|
|💰 Currency Option Exposure||Upto 2x (Trading Leverage)|
|💰 Commodity Future||Upto 2x|
|💰 Commodity Option||Upto 2x|
|💰 BO & CO Margin||Upto 20x (Time Exposure)|
Zerodha Equity Margin Calculator
1. Zerodha Equity Intraday Margin Calculator
- A true intraday product is a special type of products that are mainly bought and sells for a single trading day and Zerodha Equity MIS is an intraday product.
- Call and trade charges are applicable if the Zerodha team closes your position. So always try to close it prior to the closing time.
- Up to 14x (based on the stock) margin is provided by Zerodha Intraday (MIS).
2. Zerodha Equity Delivery Margin Calculator
- When you want to trade with equity delivery just simply choose Zerodha Cash and Carry(CNC)
- Your Demat account will be delivered with shares as soon as you buy it. Similarly, if you sell then it gets debited from your Demat account.
- Thus Zerodha provides free delivery trading so the brokerage charge is zero and the margin is 1x time.
3. Zerodha Equity Future Margin Calculator
- Find equity future margin by Zerodha Margin Calculator. In the case of Zerodha Equity Future Intraday margin is about 40% or (2.5x) leverage based on the stock
- However, if the equity future position is closed automatically by the Zerodha team it is Carry forwarded for the next trading day with zero brokerage charge and (1x) leverage is provided.
- As per new SEBI rule and regulation, every registered stockbroker need to collect Total margin (Span+ Exposure) for each trading day. In order to avoid penalties for the clients.
4. Zerodha Equity Option Margin Calculator
- Zerodha Equity option Intraday margin is about 40% or (2.5x) leverage based on the stock
- However, if the equity options position is closed automatically by the Zerodha team it is Carry forward for the next trading day with zero brokerage charge and (1x) leverage is provided.
- As per the new SEBI rule and regulation, every registered stockbroker needs to collect the Total margin (Span+ Exposure) for each trading day.
Zerodha Commodity Margin Calculator
1. Zerodha Commodity Future Margin Calculator
- For intraday trading of Commodity future, Zerodha offers 40% of the span and 2.5x margin leverage.
- However, once the market is closed Zerodha automatically stops the position of the clients doesn’t manually lock the position and the total amount will be Carry forwarded for next trading day with zero brokerage (1x) of Span leverage is given.
2. Zerodha Commodity Option Margin Calculator
- In the case of intraday trading of a Commodity option, Zerodha offers 40% of the span and 2.5x margin leverage.
- However, once the market is closed zerodha automatically stop the position if the clients don’t manually locks the position.
- The total amount will be Carry forwarded for next trading day with zero brokerage (1x) of Span leverage is given by the stock broker.
Zerodha Currency Margin Calculator
Zerodha Currency Future Margin Calculator
- In the case of Zerodha Currency future Intraday margin is about 40% or (2.5x) leverage based on the stock and market value.
- However, if the Currency future stop position is closed automatically by the zerodha team it is Carry forwarded for the next trading day with zero brokerage charge and (1x) leverage is provided.
Zerodha Currency Option Margin Calculator
- Zerodha Currency option Intraday margin is about 40% or (2.5x) leverage based on the market future value.
- Moreover, if the clients forget to stop the position then the currency option stop position is closed automatically by the zerodha team it is Carry forwarded for the next trading day with zero brokerage charge and (1x) leverage is provided.
Zerodha BO & CO Margin Calculator
- If you are interested to order as Bracket Order or Cover Order, you can set a stop loss against your performed trade.
- By doing so, you save yourself from heavy loss and risk of mitigation even if the market falls beyond its limits.
- So in the end, you end up with a minimum loss which is always beneficial and a smart way to survive in the broking world.
- Thus Zerodha Margin Calculator provides BO & CO margin between 6 times to 20 times.
- Zerodha allows you to close the position manually when you want in case of MIS/BO/CO orders. However, if you somehow forget to close then the order gets automatically converted into Carry forward cash.
- Always be prepared with enough cash or else the team with close the position with Manual Square off without any margin call.
Zerodha Span Margin Calculator
- For margin in the segment of Equity derivatives, few new rules and regulations are introduced by SEBI.
- All registered stockbrokers including Zerodha are bound to collect the total exposure including span margin.
- However, by collecting both span margin and total exposure helps the derivatives positions to get carried forward for the next trading session.
- Hence it is the responsibility of the user to maintain a sound amount of margin in its account and it helps in avoiding penalties and squaring off positions.
Need Zerodha Margin Calculator
- While you are performing any trade that doesn’t matter on whatever segment it is you must consider using a margin calculator.
- Zerodha margin calculator is pretty simple and clear in the values and margins across every trading segment.
- The range of margin lies between 3 to 20 times however no margin in case of the delivery segment.
- A margin calculator helps a trader in maintaining a balance in his or her trading account based on market values.
- It offers auto square off position to safeguard your losses.
Zerodha Margin Calculator FAQs:
Q1. How much margin does Zerodha give?
Ans. Zerodha gives a margin trading from 3 to 20 times.
Q2. Does Zerodha provide a margin for options?
Ans. Zerodha offers a margin of 2.5 times for options.
Q3. How much limit does Zerodha provide?
Ans. 20 times limit Zerodha offers to its clients.
Q4. How much margin is required for futures?
Ans. 2.5 times margin is required for futures.
Q5. How much does Zerodha charge for intraday?
Ans. Rs. 20 or 0.01 % whichever is the lower is chargeable in case of Intraday.
Q6. What happens if I don’t sell intraday shares Zerodha?
Ans. It automatically turn into delivery if you don’t sell intraday products daily.
Q7. Can I sell CNC on same day Zerodha?
Ans. Yes, you can buy and sell CNC on the same day by Zerodha.
Q8. What is a margin in intraday trading?
Ans. Depending upon the scrip your margin can vary from 3 to 30 times for intraday trading.
Q9. What is LMT in Zerodha?
Ans. LMT means limit Order in Zerodha.
Q10. How many maximum shares can I buy in intraday?
Ans. Maximum of 40 shares you can buy from each exchange in intraday.