Sharekhan is the third-largest full-service stockbroker in India. It also amongst the most famous traditional stockbrokers, also known as brick and mortar firms.
Sharekhan Stock Broking is a subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group.
Sharekhan started in the year 2000, and later it became a subsidiary of the Paribas group during late 2016.
Sharekhan was the first broker to offer online trading in India. It is spread across 575 locations with 2400 business partners.
Sharekhan has one of the most significant client bases of more than 20 lakh active customers.
Sharekhan provides trading and investment via multiple exchanges across all segments, such as Equity, Commodity, and Currency.
Nearly 400,000 trades daily are executed by Sharekhan.
Sharekhan promotes online trading and supports the cause; they have developed a top-class mobile trading platform.
Sharekhan offers two different apps for Trading and Mutual Fund Investments.
Through this article, we will review the key app features of the Sharekhan Mobile App.
Sharekhan – App Review
Sharekhan offers two separate mobile apps for Trading and Mutual Fund Investments.
The in-house teams of Sharekhan develop these apps.
These are one of the top-class products available in the market today.
- Sharekhan Trading
- Insta MF
Let’s understand these apps one by one.
1. Sharekhan Trading App
The Sharekhan Mobile Trading App is designed and built for the traders and investors who like their trading experience on the fingertips.
Trading across all the segments is possible with this single app.
Sharekhan Mobile App is available for Android and iOS users from their respective App Stores.
Sharekhan is providing these apps for free. Also, there are no hidden charges.
The app is extremely lightweight and comes in a download file size of merely 7.8MB.
This app has more than 10 lakh active users, and they have rated the app at an outstanding score of 4.1 stars.
Here are the key features of the Sharekhan Mobile Trading App-
- Smart Trading with enhanced live charts such as Line, Renko, Candlestick, Bar, Area, Mountains, etc.
- Their charts are available in multiple time frames ranging from 1 minute to 1 year.
- It has a new dashboard for a consolidated view of what’s happening in the market.
- Also, it has in-depth stats of stocks, futures, and options.
- Advanced level ordering – Bracket Order, Cover Order, Sell Against Margin (SAM), Big Trade, Big Trade Plus.
- Also available is a customizable watch list for smart tracking your favorite stocks.
- There are over 50 Technical Indicators for enhanced Technical Research.
Read Also: Sharekhan Trade Tiger Review
[table id=SBI1AlternativeBroker Responsive=scroll/]
2. Sharekhan Insta MF App
The Insta MF App is a free Mutual Funds Investment app provided by BNP Paribas. It allows you to analyze and invest in funds in a much easier way.
This app also helps you simplify your investment with top-pick on ELSS funds and MFs recommendations by research experts.
These are the salient features of Insta MF App:
- Access to historical financial data, portfolio, reports, market stats, news, etc.
- You can enjoy a one-touch investment in mutual funds by setting up auto-debit in SIP and Lumpsum mode.
- Create, Pause, or Modify SIP amount anytime, right from your mobile.
- Curated Mutual Funds.
- Plan your investments according to your goals using their goal-based investment tool.
- You can avail instant and secure fund transfer from saving account to Sharekhan account and vice-versa.
- You can stay logged in even after closing the app.
Sharekhan Apps Pros and Cons
Here is a quick comparison of the advantages and disadvantages of Sharekhan Apps.
- Convenient fund transfer process available for pay-in and pay-out.
- Sharekhan Trading App offers a much higher number of useful features and hence, gives more options to the user for performing analysis.
- Highly safe app with additional security layers added in the latest version of the app.
- It has a professional, Clean, and Elegant User Interface Design to provide a smooth trading experience.
- Lightweight app and performs faster.
- Users are required to update the password every two weeks.
- Call & Trade is chargeable.
- Fewer personalization features.
Sharekhan app is a better option than most of the apps offered by other traditional brokers out there.
They have improved user experience, usability, and speed in the newest version of this app.
Yet, Sharekhan being one of the top brokerage service providers; the app still has a lot of scope for improvisation.
A new trader, looking for an essential experience in the industry, can go for Sharekhan Trading and Mutual Fund App.
Sharekhan Apps FAQ
Q. Are these apps chargeable?
A. No, none of the apps offered by Sharekhan are chargeable. These apps can be downloaded and used from the Google Play Store / iTunes Store free of cost. However, the company will charge you brokerage and commission when you make a transaction
Q. Where to get the login id and password?
A. Once you download the app, a set of user IDs and passwords will be required to log in. The set of id and password will be sent on your registered email address after the successful activation of your account. You can submit your account opening documents online for a quick account opening.
Q. Do they provide advisory services?
A. Yes, Paribas Group has one of the best research teams that continuously work on providing useful recommendations for the clients. These recommendations are highly accurate, based on extensive technical research as well as their advisory services, which are very prompt.
Q. Can I trade in derivatives using this app?
A. With Sharekhan Trading App, you can trade in derivatives segments. Both Equity and Currency Derivatives enabled in this app. Yet, you will not be able to trade derivatives through Insta MF app as this app is dedicated only for Mutual Fund Investments.
Q. My phone does not support Sharekhan Mobile App. What options do I have?
A. Sharekhan also thoughtfully provides a lightweight trading website specially designed for mobile browsers. This website is mostly compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, UC Browser, Safari Browser, and Internet Explorer.
[table id=SBI2AlternativeBroker Responsive=scroll/]