Amazing Facts about SBI Cards Platform
Like any other credit or a debit card, SBI Card comes in the form of a plastic card with either magnetic strip (now defunct) or chip enabled card which is issued by an authorized and recognized banking or financial institution of the country.
While credit card offers ready instant credit to the holder of the card, the SBI debit card offers you the facility of cashless payment where the money paid is deducted instantly from your linked SBI Bank account.
Credit Card, as the name suggests, offers you credit where you can make the SBI Credit Card payment after a stipulated period of credit that you are authorized to enjoy.
However in the case of Debit Card, you will not get any credit, the payment is made by using your own money from your bank account instantly through net banking, whenever you make a successful using your debit card that is authorized by your bank.
Features of a Credit Card
- Credit Cards generally accepted worldwide unless restricted for domestic use only.
- Usually, the bank charges a fixed sum as annual fees to extend the credit card facility to its users
- Generally, the banking and financial institution waive off the charges if the customer meets certain criteria in terms of his expenditure pattern and stipulated in the offer made by the institution to lure the customer to use its card for most transactions.
- Credit Cards enable you to enjoy the Balance Transfer option, allowing the customer to transfer its balance to another card and avail the benefits of cheaper interest rates.
- Banks often offer to Customers who can choose to settle the balance with equated monthly instalments (Monthly EMIs) at a lower interest than a credit card charges.
- Credit Cards come enables you to use its services 24/7 service.
- Customers can easily make payments for their utility bills and other SBO card online payments using Credit Cards.
SBI Card Review
SBI Card is one of the most sought-after financial instruments of India. It is the most trusted and dependable instruments of the country.
The bottom line of our SBI Card review is that if you are looking at the best and incomparable Credit and debit cards with host of latest cutting-edge features that will offer you value for your money.
SBI Cards are strongly recommended with years of experience and trusts. SBI Cards have amazing features and it is highly rated by its users with its positive upsides with negligible downside.
SBI Card is the perfect online and offline cashless and contactless platform for all your transactions when safety comes first, and you can NEVER be wrong with your choice of SBI Cards!
1. Types of SBI Credit Cards
- Simply Save SBI Card
- simply click SBI Card
- SBI Card Prime
- Air India SBI Platinum Card
- STYLEUP Contactless Card
- Mumbai Metro SBI Card
- IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- Yatra SBI Card
- Air India SBI Signature Card
- SBI ELITE card
2. Eligibility to SBI Credit Card apply
- Good Credit Score
- Age >= 21 years
- Salaried or self-employed
- India Resident
- Bank account
- Aadhar Card, Passport/Voter Id/Driving License, and PAN Card
- Last 3 months Bank Statement
- Last 3 months Salary Slips or Income Tax Return
3. SBI Card Joining Fees
|Name of Card||Joining Fees||Joining Benefits|
|SimplySave SBI Credit Card||Rs.499||2,000 bonus Reward Points.|
|SimplyClick SBI Credit Card||Rs.499 + applicable taxes||Rs.500 worth Amazon.in Gift Card.|
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card||Rs.4,999||20,000 reward points on payment of your joining fee.|
|Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card||Rs.1,499||5,000 reward points on the payment of your joining fee|
|SBI ELITE Credit Card||Rs.4,999||Rs.5,000 worth E- Gift Voucher|
|Yatra SBI Credit Card||Rs.499 + applicable taxes||Rs.8,250 with your Yatra SBI Card on joining fee payment|
|STYLEUP Contactless Credit Card||Rs.499||Free gift voucher* worth Rs.500 redeemable at any Fbb/ BigBazaar store.|
|IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card||Rs.500||No joining perks|
|Mumbai Metro SBI Credit Card||Rs. 499||Rs.50 Preloaded value on your Mumbai Metro Smart Card.|
|SBI Card PRIME||Rs.2,999||Rs.3,000 worth welcome e- Gift Voucher.|
4. Apply SBI Card & Tracking Application
To apply and/or to get details of all SBI card related information, you can visit the SBI Card website. You can apply for an SBI Credit card or you will get an SBI debit card when you open a bank account with SBI.
To track SBI card tracking application, you need to visit the sbi card website and scroll down to go to ‘Allow us to help you’ section. Below this section, you will find the option to track your application option.
Below you will see a link “Learn More”. You can track your application status by pressing the link,
All you need to do is to enter the application/reference number in the designated box and press the Track button next to it. You will get to see which stage your SBI credit card application is in.
5. Benefits of SBI Cards
|Name of the SBI Credit Card||Benefits|
|SimplySave SBI Credit Card||10 Reward Points per Rs.100 spent on Dining, Movies, Departmental Stores, and Grocery Spends.|
1 Reward Point per Rs.100 spent on another spending.
|SimplyClick SBI Credit Card||10X Reward Points with exclusive partners.|
Milestone rewards of Rs.2,000 on online spends of Rs.1,00,000 and 2,00,000 respectively
|Air India SBI Signature Credit Card||4 Reward points for every Rs.100.|
|Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card||15 Reward points for every Rs.100|
Enjoy anniversary gift of 2,000 Reward points every year when you pay your renewal fee
|SBI ELITE Credit Card||5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores, Grocery, and International spends.|
Rs. 6,000 worth free Movie Tickets every year.
All Types Card Full details
1. SimplySave SBI Card
- Joining fee Rs. 499
- Annual Fee Rs. 300
- You can save a lot by using this card for Dining Fuel Surcharge and grocery.
- 2,000 Bonus Reward Points on spends of Rs.2000 in first 60 days
- Enjoy 10X Reward Points on Dining, Grocery, Departmental stores & Movie spends
- On all your other spends, earn 1 reward point per Rs.100 spent (4 reward points = Rs.1)
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver across all petrol pumps
- Annual fee reversal on spending Rs.90,000 in a year
Benefits of SBI Simply Save Credit card
First spend of Rs.2000 will give you 2000 reward points
Re.1 is equivalent to 4 such reward points so for your spending of Rs. 2000 will translate to earning of Rs.500 which gets adjusted in your next billing.
Note there is a redemption charge of reward points, Rs.99 + GST every time you redeem your reward points.
You can call the customer care to convert the reward point into cash
SBI Simply save rewards point is good for offline spending; it is not good for online reward points compared to other cards in the market.
To use food for shopping, grocery, restaurant, and movie spending if you are paying at the point of sale offline.
Fuel surcharge reversal is marginal, and nominal compared to other cards.
You can get free add on card.
If have features like balance transfer, Flex pay, and easy money
The annual fee is 499 plus GST which is approximately Rs. 590, but if you spend more than 1 lakh in a year then your annual fee is reversed.
2. SBI Card PRIME
- Joining fee: Rs. 2,999
- Annual fee: Rs. 2,999
- The card enables you to save more on Shopping, Dining. And Movie.
- Welcome e-gift vouchers worth 3,000 from Shoppers Stop, Pantaloons, Marks and Spencer, Yatra and Bata/Hush Puppies
- 10 Reward Points for every Rs.100 on Dining, Grocery, Departmental store and Movie spends
- Quarterly dining voucher of Rs.1000 from Pizza Hut on spends of Rs.50,000
- Milestone e-gift voucher worth 7,000 from Yatra/Pantaloons on annual spends of Rs.5 Lakhs
- Reversal of annual fee on spends of Rs.3 Lakhs
- Complimentary Club Vistara Silver Tier Membership
- Complimentary Trident Privilege Red Tier Membership
3. IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- Joining fee: Rs. 500
- Annual fee: Rs. 300
- The card enables you to save more on Travel and Fuel Surcharge.
- 350 activation bonus Reward points on spending Rs.500 or more within 45 days of card issuance
- Use your Reward Points to book free train tickets (1 Reward Point = 1 Rupee)
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs.125 spent on non-fuel purchases
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver* across all petrol pumps in India on transaction of Rs.500 to Rs.3000
- Save 1.8% transaction charges, exclusive of GST and all other charges, when you book railway tickets on irctc.co.in
4. Air India SBI Platinum Card
- Joining fee: Rs. 4,999
- Annual fee: Rs. 4,999
- The card enables you to save more on Flight bookings.
- Get Welcome gift of 5,000 Rewards Points* on the payment of your joining fee
- Earn up to 15 Reward Points* on every Rs.100 spent on Air India tickets
- Enjoy anniversary gift of 2,000 Reward points every year when you pay your renewal fee
- Avail up to 15,000 Bonus Reward Points on annual spends
- Enjoy complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns
5. Yatra SBI Card
- Joining fee: Rs. 499 + applicable taxes
- Annual fee: Rs. 499 + applicable taxes
- The card enables you to save more on Dining, Travel, and Movie.
- Get 6X Reward Points on every Rs.100 spent at Departmental and grocery stores, Dining, Movies, Entertainment, and International spends
- Enjoy exclusive access to MasterCard airport lounges in India and Rs.50 Lakhs Air Accidental death benefit for Primary cardholder when a ticket is booked on Yatra.com using Yatra SBI Card
- Get freedom from paying the 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps
6. Air India SBI Signature Card
- Joining fee: Rs.4,999
- Annual fee: Rs.4,999
- The card enables you to save more on Flight bookings.
- Get 20,000 Reward points as a welcome gift on payment of your joining fee
- Earn up to 30 Reward Points for every Rs.100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.com, airindia mobile app
- Enjoy complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program-Flying Returns
- Get 4 Reward points for every Rs.100 spent on Air India SBI Signature Card
- Get up to 1,00,000 bonus Reward points annually
SBI Credit Card Login Process
- On the Login screen, just above the PAY button, you will see a link called ‘New to SBI Card? Sign Up’. You are required to press on it.
- You will see a welcome message on the next screen/interface. You need to select the ‘link device’ option.
- On the next screen, you need to enter the 16 digits of your credit card no.
- You need to enter the CVV number located at the back of your ard.
- You need to enter the date of birth as mentioned in the document submitted at the time of application of the card.
- You need to click on ‘continue’ and you will receive OTP on your registered mobile number with SBI.
- You need to enter the OTP in the required field.
- Select Verify.
You will get to see a message with your user id on the next screen. You need to use this user-id for future login on the app.
The next step is to create a password. Insert a password as per your choice and re-enter the same password to confirm. Note that your password should contain one letter should be in capital letter, one special character and one numeric. Then click on continue.
Receive a confirmation message on the next screen stating that you have successfully updated your password to login to your SBI card account.
- Login now to get started, you need to click on ‘take me to login’.
- Enter the user id and password on the next screen and hit the ‘>’ symbol.
- You will get OTP that you need to enter the next screen.
On the next screen, you can enable the fingerprint option to make it touch-enabled login, or else, you can select’ Not Now’.
On the next screen, you will see the whole gamut of the services that are contained in the form of the Menu.
In the menu, you will see balance transfer, credit card outstanding, Pay now will take you to SBI Card bill desk for utility and other payments.
You can check:
- total amount due
- min amount due
- payment due date
- credit limit available
You can check the full account of SBI Credit Card status here on this screen.
The ‘get in touch’ option on the screen will show you a few numbers scan to pay option, and more options.
You can set an alert, next to the pay now button. The set alert will remind you of your different payment dates so that you do not miss them.
Menu Options in SBI Card APP
On the left side of the screen, you will get to see 3 lines. If you click on them to get many options that include:
- My Account
- My Profile: You can see your email id and mobile number. You can also see your address updated on your credit card account.
- Service request: In Service request, you can find how to block SBI credit card and Manage Card Pin.
- Using the Manage Card Pin option, you can generate and reset your credit card pin.
- By clicking on Manage Card Pin, you will get the generate Pin option. It will ask for an OTP. You can generate OTP by clicking on the Generate OTP option.
- Once you receive and enter the OTP, it will allow you to set a new 4-digit credit card pin. In the same option, you can click on the button ‘Update Mobile Number’ to updated or change your existing mobile number to a new number.
- Add on Card
- Card reissue/replacement
- E SBI credit card statement subscription
- Activate international usage when you want to use your card abroad
- Track Service request: You can check the status of the service request that you have raised from your account.
- Benefits: You can do a balance transfer, Easy money f you want some money from your card, and Flexipay option
Receive an SBI Credit Card
You can apply for an SBI credit card if you have a good credit score. If you have an existing credit card of other banks, you can attach a copy of the card which makes it easier to get the credit card from other banks.
When you receive an SBI Credit Card, you need to establish your identity by producing a driving license, passport, Voter Id, PAN or Aadhar Card. Make sure you do not disclose the CVV number at the back of the card.
At the back of the card, you will find the customer care toll free helpline number. In case if you lose your card, you can the number immediately to block your credit card to prevent further misuse.
Check SBI Credit Card Application Status
For SBI card tracking of your supplication, all you need to do is to visit sbicard.com
page and scroll down to go to ‘Allow us to help you’ section. Below this section, you will find the option to track your application option.
Below you will see a link “Learn More”. Press the link, to track your application status. All you need to do is to enter the application/reference number in the designated box and press the Track button next to it.
You will get to see which stage your SBI credit card application is in.
You can even retrieve your application to see and check the details you have updated. All you need to do is to enter your first name and mobile number that you have furnished in the application and press the retrieve button next to it.
SBI Credit Card Customer Care Service
To contact customer care, click on the ‘Get in Touch’ option from the top of the Menu Bar.
SBI credit card login
If you do not have a login id and password, then you need to register with sbicard.com in order to access your SBI card online account.
If you have a login id and a password, login straightaway. If you do not have those, then you need to get those by registering on sbicard.com.
The steps to register and get your login id as follows:
- Open the login page of sbicard.com and press the First Time User link
- Enter your SBI card number, CVV code at the back of your card, and your date of birth
- Once you submit the information, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent across on your registered mobile number and email id.
- Enter the OTP within 30 minutes from the time you received
- OTP will enable you to set your SBI card User Id and password to complete the SBI card Registration process
|Get instant information. Send an SMS to 5676791 from your registered mobile number.|
Toll-free Customer Care Number
|SBI Card Customer care||1860 1801 290|
|SBI Card Balance Check||084228 45512|
|SBI Card Last Payment Check||084228 45515|
|SBI Card Reward Point Check||084228 45514|
View or Get SBI Card statement
You will get E-Statement on your registered e-mail ID if in case, you have opted for a statement online in your registered email id.
You will get a physical Statement on your registered mailing address if you have not opted for e-statement.
You can opt for both versions of statements if you want physical and e-statement. .
You may also send an email from your registered email id to sbi card email id to send you the e-statement for a specific duration, You may register a request for e-statement by calling SBI card toll free no.
If you want an off-line statement, you may walk into any nearest SBI branch ad request for e-statement., getting printouts hardcopy of you your account statement may be chargeable.
Leveraging the online Chatbot ILA after logging into your account you may request for view or get SBI Card e-statement.
How to Block SBI ATM Card
Register with www.onlinesbi.com with your debit card number, debit card pin, and OTP if you are a first-time user. If you already have a valid login id and password to login to your SBI card online account with your existing username and password.
You need to go to ATM Card Services and choose the option ‘Block ATM Card’ link under the “e-Services” tab. Select the Account and select the Block ATM Card option.
SBI Debit Card Review
You have the facility to convert a transaction into EMI based on certain criteria. Once you complete a transaction using the SBI debit card, you may opt to convert the payment option for that transaction into EMI tenure of a minimum of 6 months to 18 months.
The transactions eligible for EMI conversion should be for buying the products at 40000+ merchants and stores in 1500+ cities that are having Pine Labs branded Point of sales (POS) machines.
SBI Global International Card
SBI Forex card
SBI offers two FOREX credit cards; each comes with a different set of features and benefits. These cards are State Bank Foreign Travel Card and Multi-Currency State Bank Foreign Travel Cards.
State Bank Foreign Travel Card
The State Bank Foreign Travel Card is a prepaid overseas currency card that can be used to transact abroad at merchant establishments or making online payments seamlessly.
SBI FOREX card is a chip enabled credit card that contains confidential and encrypted information.
Leveraging the cardholders can enjoy freedom from carrying cash around the globe; however, the card is not valid in India, Nepal, and Bhutan.
State Bank Multi-Currency Foreign Travel Card
The State Bank Multi-Currency Foreign Travel card enables the cardholder to travel money while vacationing abroad.
All the cardholder needs to do is load their choice of currency or currencies and they can withdraw cash from more than 2 million ATMs across the globe. However, these ATMs should accept MasterCard.
Also, the cardholders can swipe the card at merchant outlets to pay for buying goods and services, paying for hotels and restaurants worldwide that accept MasterCard, not valid for use in India, Bhutan, and Nepal.
Best SBI Debit Card
SBI PayWave International Debit
SBI payWave international debit leverages Near Field Communications (NFC) to verify or authorize the card and a transaction. It adds extra layer of security at the POS terminal against potential fraudulent transactions and hacking of confidential customer information.
Paywave is Visa’s answer to Contactless card using Near Field Communication technology. Contact Less cards do not require being swiped at the POS terminals or machines or to be inserted, just needs to be tapped on the terminals. Contactless Transactions enables payments without a PIN.
However, to apply this method of payment, your transaction should be up to Rs.2000 in total value.
- 3 transactions / month for trier 1 cities
- 5 transactions / month for non-metros
- It comes in Black color
- As the name indicates, payment can be executed by waving the card at the terminal and registering your PIN
- Leveraging the newest technology, a faster payment can be made
- Globally accepted, can be used in PayPal, Google Play transactions
- It comes with an annual maintenance charge of Rs.150 for the card
- 40000 & 75000 are the withdrawal limits at the POS transaction
SBI Paypass International Debit
SBI Paypass is an NFC technology enabled contactless payment transaction card. The card leverages NFC for payments on approved PoS terminals up to the transaction limit of Rs.2000. For any transactions that are higher than Rs. 2000, one has to authorize the transaction by entering PIN.
SBI enables the users of both credit and debit cards to use the facility
Steps to Close an SBI Credit Card
To close your account with the SBI credit card, you need to pay off your outstanding in full. The card will never be canceled by SBI as long you have any outstanding reflecting in your card account. Write a letter to SBI requesting cancellation.
SBI Visa Vs Mastercard
SBI Debit card is a new age chip enabled debit cards accepted in countrywide merchants’ establishments across the length and breadth of the Indian subcontinent. SBI has maximum penetration amongst all Indian banks.
Visa and Master are the world’s most renowned financial service company that provides the technology and acts as a catalyst to pass various authorisation stages of financial transactions. They help transaction to to pass various payment gateways.
Another important function of these payment authorisation services is to resolve conflict arising from fraudulent financial transaction activities.
|State Bank Global International Debit Card||Domestic|
|Cash Limit at ATMs per day (Minimum)||Rs. 500 /-|
|Cash Limit at ATMs per day (Maximum)||Rs. 40,000 /-|
|Limit for Online or PoS Transaction in a day (Minimum)||No such Limit|
|Limit for Online or PoS Transaction in a day (Maximum)||Rs. 75,000 /-|
Reward Points of SBI Global International Debit Card
The card earns 1 freedom rewardz point for every 200 /- spent on shop, dine, fuel, travel, or online transaction.
You can earn bonus points on the first 3 transactions in the following manner:
50 Bonus FreedomRewardz points on your first transaction of purchase within one month of the issuance of the card
50 additional bonus FreedomRewardz points on the second transaction of purchase within one month of the issuance of the card
100 Bonus FreedomRewardz points on the third transaction of purchase within one month of the issuance of the card
If you continue to use SBI Global International Debit card for minimum 3 transactions of purchase within a quarter, then you have the opportunity to double the earning points within a quarter.
Company Information – Overview History
The State Bank of India is the largest in the country. It has a vast portfolio of products and a huge customer base. With its robust network of banks and affiliates, the State Bank of India has been the driver of Indian banking for a pretty long time.
SBI Cards was incorporated in the year 1998. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the banking group. Using SBI’s vast network of 21000 plus branches and 44 million customers, SBI cards soon became the 2nd largest issuer of cards in the country.
SBI cards currently have a market share of 18.1% as of 30th November 2019 about credit cards.
SBI Cards primarily rely on outsourced manpower as its sales agents. At present they have almost 38000 individuals on their rolls. This manpower is spread over 145 cities.
SBI cards have also been able to partner some of the biggest names in the corporate world. Companies like Air India, Apollo Hospital, BPCL, IRCTC are corporate partners with SBI Cards.
SBI cards have shown one of the greatest growths in the credit card sector, in the country.
As mentioned earlier one of the reasons for its rapid growth has been because of its parent body, The State Bank of India. With the kind of standing that SBI has, it was imperative that SBI Cards would get an advantage over the other credit card companies.
SBI Cards has shown an increase of 52.1% in its profit margin between the period of 2017 to 2019.
SBI Card offers a wide variety of services for its economy as well as premium customers. Facilities linked to lifestyle, shopping, travel, airport lounge usage, fuel payback et al are some of them that are provided to the owner of the cards.
SBI cards also have reward programs depending upon the usage of the cards. These credit programs are customised and tailor-made for the customer. E-vouchers are a big attraction with users of SBI card users. Companies like Flipkart, Chroma, Yatra.com have partnered with SBI cards for the same.
|Unit 401 & 402, 4th Floor, Aggarwal Mil,||Rajnish Kumar Non-Executive Chairman||Sensex – No|
|City: New Delhi||Hardayal Prasad Managing Director & CEO||Nifty – No|
|State: Delhi||Dinesh Kumar Khara Non-Executive Director||Bse-100 – No|
|Pin Code: 110034||Shree Prakash Singh Non-Executive Director||Bse-200 – No|
|Tel. No. 11-6126 8100||Sunil Kaul Non-Executive Director||S&P CNX 500 – No|
|Email: [email protected]||CNX Midcap – No|
SBI Card Share Price
About SBI Card – Summary
|Headquarters||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|SBI Card IPO||Mar 2, 2020|
|Managing Director & CEO||Hardayal Prasad|
|Non-Executive Chairman||Rajnish Kumar|
|Industry||Banking and Credit Card|
SBI Card Customer Ratings
|Service & Support||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Range of Products||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Portal usage||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Ease of Usage of App||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Customer Service||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Over All Rating||★ ★ ★ ★|
SBI Card Company Financials
1. Income Statement
The income statement is for the periods ending in March 2019, December 2019 and March 2020. They reflect the net sales profit made by the company, in layman terms, the net income and hence it is called the Income statement.
As per the Income statement, there has been a slight dip in the period ending in March 2020. As a result of the decrease in net sales, there also has been a dip in the net profit.
A curious case of a dip in the total tax collection too can be seen from the income statement. This is because of the drop in income.
A drop in income can be attributed to many circumstances.
|Standalone||MAR 2020||DEC 2019||Mar 2019|
2. Balance Sheet
The balance sheet gives us a fair idea about the sustainability of the company. A company is sustainable only when it can make a profit over a while.
A balance sheet is an important document to the investor who will study its investment feasibility. A positive balance sheet is a reflection of good management practices and long term effectivity of the organisation.
|Standalone||Mar 2019||Mar 2018|
|Total Share Capital||938.96||837.22|
|Reserves & Surplus||4,402.26||2,735.33|
Your view – vote now – buy or sell
SBI Card Annual Report
Financial & Operational Overview
The financial and Operational overview is theoverall cost that is incurred and the income that is generated for the sustenance of the business.
It is one of the most important documents for a company and is a reflection of the profitability of it. These reports are sought after documents by financial analysts and traders who wish to look into the profit earning capability of the organisation.
It is pertinent to remember that rising costs impede the functioning of any company. Organisations have to balance between costs incurred and returns, to sustain the business.
The operational costs of any company will showcase the areas where it has spent much and the areas it has not. Managers have to be mindful of the viability gap that may suddenly arise due to a decrease in the profit margin.
- Financial Highlights:
As mentioned above the financial highlights showcases both the generation of income and the liabilities that the organisation has to deal with. It also reflects the sustainability of the organisation. Any company unable to make a profit over a period in time will not be able to survive the market for too long.
Hence it becomes imperative for the management of the organisation to be mindful of the pitfalls of rising liabilities and falling revenues. It is a vicious cycle but with fiscal prudence, it can be managed well.
|MAR 20||MAR 19|
|12 Months||12 Months|
|REVENUE FROM OPERATIONS [GROSS]||9,276.40||6,999.11|
|Less: Excise/Service Tax/Other Levies||0.00||0.00|
|REVENUE FROM OPERATIONS [NET]||9,276.40||6,999.11|
|TOTAL OPERATING REVENUES||9,276.40||6,999.11|
|PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE EXCEPTIONAL, EXTRAORDINARY ITEMS AND TAX||1,729.63||1,331.60|
|PROFIT/LOSS BEFORE TAX||1,729.63||1,331.60|
|TOTAL TAX EXPENSES||484.81||468.88|
|PROFIT/LOSS AFTER TAX AND BEFORE EXTRAORDINARY ITEMS||1,244.82||862.72|
|PROFIT/LOSS FROM CONTINUING OPERATIONS||1,244.82||862.72|
|PROFIT/LOSS FOR THE PERIOD||1,244.82||862.72|
|EARNINGS PER SHARE|
|Basic EPS (Rs.)||13.35||9.43|
|Diluted EPS (Rs.)||13.21||9.43|
|VALUE OF IMPORTED AND INDIGENOUS RAW MATERIALS STORES, SPARES AND lose TOOLS|
|Imported Raw Materials||0.00||0.00|
|Indigenous Raw Materials||0.00||0.00|
|STORES, SPARES AND LOOSE TOOLS|
|Imported Stores And Spares||0.00||0.00|
|Indigenous Stores And Spares||0.00||0.00|
|DIVIDEND AND DIVIDEND PERCENTAGE|
|Equity Share Dividend||0.00||83.73|
|Tax On Dividend||0.00||17.21|
|Equity Dividend Rate (%)||10.00||10.00|
- Operational Highlights:
There has been a manifold increase in the generation of revenue. The March 2019 figures stated INR 7,286.84 while it increased to INR 9,752.29 in the period ending March 2020.
Likewise, there has also been an increase in the expenses from INR 5,955.23 in the period March 2019 to INR 8,022.66 in the period ending March 2020.
Hence, the Profit for the period has also seen an increase. In March 2019, it was INR 862.72 while in the period ending March 2020 it was INR 1,244.82.
The rising profit of an organisation is a clear sign of its growth. It may not always be explosive but steady growth is considered to be perfect under any market conditions.
The tax expenses also have shown a steady growth but that is linked to the rising expense of the organisation.
Expenses and revenue generation are tight walks for the management as a perfect balance has to be found. Overhead costs like infrastructure and manpower have to be streamlined as per the needs of the organisation. These are the costs which add the most in the expenses column.
Overall, SBI Cards has shown steady growth over the said period in time. This augurs well for the organisation.
SBI Card IPO Details
SBI Cards has shown steady growth from the time of its inception. In the period 2017 to 201, it has shown a growth of almost 50% plus. This has been quite a sustainable growth and it has also pushed the organisation to become the second-largest issuer of credit card in India.
The floating of IPOs and its eventual listing at the bourses is a sign of growing stature of the company. There are also a few reasons why companies go public.
- Expansion of business into newer territories. These expansions require a lot of capital. This capital may not be readily available with the bank and even if it is, it may be a costly affair for the company.
- Access to public money also increases the stature of the company but also its reputation. Every entity that goes public undergoes thorough scrutiny. Hence, a listing on the bourse increase their chances of availing loans from financial institutions at better rates becomes easier.
- There are times when the management changes and getting access to public wealth becomes a necessity. To provide money for capital and operational expenditures is also one of the reasons why companies go public.
The SBI Card IPO opening date was: Mar 2nd, 2020
The SBI Card IPO closing date was: Mar 5th, 2020
The issue type: Book Built type
Listing date: Mar 16th, 2020
SBI Card Allotment Status
The SBI Cards IPO opening was set on the 2nd of March, 2020 and the end date was 5th of March, 2020.
The issue type would be the Book Built type.
The issue size of the company was calculated at 137,193,464 Equity Shares at a face value of INR 10 each. This aggregated up to INR 10,354.77 crore.
A fresh issue was calculated at 6,622,517 Equity Shares at a face value of INR10. The aggregate of this round would be INR 9,854.77 crores.
The IPO price was in the range INR 750 to INR 755 per share.
SBI Cards had also decided to provide an employee discount of INR 75 per share.
The market lot stood at 19 shares and the minimum lot one had to bid for was 1 lot.
The listing would be at the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange.
Just for the record, SBI Cards had a market cap of INR 70890 crores.
SBI Card IPO Listing
SBI Cards is a fully owned subsidiary of State Bank of India, the largest commercial bank. With a behemoth network as support and a widespread customer base, it was imperative that SBI Cards would have a great beginning.
It has over the years spread far and wide, with its sales agents present in 145 cities in the country. It has over 18% of the total market share about credit cards in the country.
With a growth rate hovering at around 50%, the listing of SBI Cards was a foregone conclusion. The company has shown a remarkable increase in its reach and today stands as the second-largest card issuer in the country.
One of the immediate concern for the management is to stabilise the valuation of the company. In its current forms experts say that it is an expensive proposition.
However, the management is confident that with the market rebounding, this will eventually even out.
The market strategy for the company is simple. It wants to see its growth pick up and newer markets conquered. It is also eyeing the overseas market, where it thinks it can get a better turnover.
SBI Cards at present is the second-largest credit card issuer in the country, a position it wants to improve upon. Its growth rate, though an impressive 50% plus, has been dormant for some time.
The management understands that the market will take time to rebound. And when it does, the demand for credit cards will rise too.
It also is working on adding greater features to its cards. This would also mean tying up with other companies and affiliates. The rewards program is also being revamped to attract more customers.
With a greater emphasis on customer approach, the customer service is being modernised and the redressal system improved. This would mean any grievances would be promptly answered to in the shortest possible time.
Marketing the user advantages of SBI Cards has also been improved. The benefits the card provides is now being greatly focused than ever before.
- Competitive Strengths
- The biggest strength that SBI Cards has is its association with its parent company, The State Bank of India. SBI is the largest commercial bank of the country and has a huge customer base which can be exploited by the subsidiary.
- It is the second-largest credit card issuer in India and has shown consistent growth from the time of its incorporation, in 1998. This strong track record of growth and profitability has led it to become one of the darlings of the bourses.
- SBI Cards has one of the leading customer acquisition programs in the country. And it is not just limited to the existing customers of the parent company. SBI Cards has a robust sales and marketing channel which helps it to reach customers spread across the length and breadth of the country.
- It is part of a group which is a well-regarded brand. Brand recognition and recall is one of the most important aspects of the financial world. Being a fully owned subsidiary of the State Bank of India, SBI Cards has a strong platform to market itself, from.
- With a diversified portfolio and a plethora of reward schemes, SBI Cards has been able to attract customers from all walks of life. SBI Cards has programs linked to lifestyle, travel, fuel, rail and air travel, cashback et al.
- All these add enormous value to its attractiveness and allow it to get customers, who are interested in the fast-moving world.
- With a large sales team spread across 145 cities in the country, SBI has been able to reach a wide prism of society. With boots on the ground, it has been able to spread awareness regarding the benefits of owning an SBI Card. This is a major advantage that has kept the company in good stead.
- The performance of the management to has been of great strength to the company. They have been able to efficiently manage assets to consistently generate profits over a long period in time.
- A company cannot survive for long if it does not produce a profit. The costs then overwhelm the revenue and the company ceases to function. This is usually a result of poor market conditions and management inefficiency. With SBI Cards this has been taken care of.
- The Grey Market murmurs
The Grey Market is closed and falls outside the purview of SEBI. However, it is a market that every trader and investor worth their salt would want to visit.
That is because the Grey Market provides a correct perspective about any upcoming IPO and the future performance of any company, once listed.
A positive vibe in the Grey Market is a certain boon for every company, who are up for listing.
The Grey Market Premium for SBI Cards hovered in the range of INR 830-Rs 855, which was more than the 10% of the IPO listing range of INR 750 to INR 755 Per Equity Share.
Investors had pumped in nearly INR 2 lakh crore during the book-building phase and were expecting a bumper listing. However, it didn’t turn out to be as expected.
- SBI Card IPO Subscription Status
The breakup of the subscriptions as per the investor category:
|The Qualified Institutional Investors.||24,224,003 shares||45.23 times|
|The Non-Institutional Investors||18,341,418 shares||45.23 times|
|The Retail Investors||42,796,641 shares||2.50 times|
|Eligible Employees||1,864,669 shares||4.74 times|
|Others||13,052,680 shares||25.36 times|
|Total||100,279,411 shares||26.54 times|
- The SBI Card IPO Details summary
- Open: Mar 2, 2020
Close: Mar 5, 2020
- The type of issue: book built
- The size of the issue: 137,193,464 Equity Issues at INR 10 each
- Value: INR 10,354.77 Crores
- The price of the Initial Public Offer: INR 750 to INR 755 Per Equity Share
- The Market Lot: 19 Shares
- The Minimum shares required: 19 shares
- Exchanges where the listing will be done: National Stock exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange
SBI Card Promoter Shareholding – Stock & Mutual Fund
Share Holding Pattern in (%)
There is no information regarding Mutual Funds
SBI Card Peers Companies
|Company Name||Market Cap (crores)||Headquarter||Company Website|
|SBI Card||61407.77||New Delhi||SBI Card.com|
|Power Finance||22427.49||New Delhi||pfcindia.com|
SBI Card mobile APP
The world has moved to mobility and a majority of our activities have moved into the ubiquitous smartphone. Understanding the importance of the virtual world, SBI Cards has built an app which will help the consumer in every possible way about his or her card.
This is a feature-rich app which brings the entire credit card services to the fingertips. The user can now use the app to complete all their tasks related to the credit card.
SBI Cards app has a huge customer base, given the fact that they are the second-largest credit card issuer in the country. With quicker facilities available, consumer services have improved by leaps and bounds.
Some of the services that the app provides to its user:
Register for an online SBI Card account. The entire process is now available at one’s fingertips. No more writing long forms to apply for a card. The click of a button solves everything.
Payment can be through QR Code scanning. Bharat QR enables payments to vendors, all with a click.
Logins are no more troublesome. All you would need is a Touch ID or an MPIN.
The mobile device can be synced with the SBI Card login to create another layer of security.
The user can view the card statements, transactions, billed and unbilled as well as the payment history.
In the event of any operational issue, the user can raise a service request to which the customer service will respond to at the earliest.
The E-store that is present in the app can help the user book travels through the card itself.
The SBI Card helps in easy instalment payments. This is generally helpful after a large purchase.
If you have an EMI going, then balance transfer becomes an easy job with the SBI Card app.
There are times when you might need emergency cash. Encash anytime with you SBI Card through the app.
The app comes with a bag full of rewards and options which can be attractive to the user. There are also plenty of hot deals. These are exclusive offers for the cardholder and are generally linked to lifestyle, shopping, fuel, cashback, travel et al.
One can also redeem the rewards at a point in time.
SBI Card FAQs
Q1. How to access SBI Account online?
Ans: You need to visit https://www.sbicard.com and hit the login button available on the top right corner of the page. If you’re a first time/new user of SBI cards, you need to register by hitting the Register button, here you are required to provide your card number, CVV number found at the back of the card, Date of Birth, Name as on record and provide OTP to register. Alternatively, you can call the SBI customer care toll-free no. 18601801290 for assistance.
Q2. How to cancel SBI Card?
Ans: To cancel a card account, you need to bring your card outstanding to zero. SBI won’t allow a cancellation if there is any outstanding to be paid on your card account. Deactivate by calling customer care in case if you have activated and automatic payment or auto debit option on the card. Ensure all payment requests have been executed and complete and no pending payment request on your card account. You can now call the SBI customer care no. or write to customer care service to register a cancellation request of your card account. Alternatively, you may write to SBI Card, PO- Bag 28, GPO, New Delhi-110001. In your letter, you need to mandatorily explicitly state that you wish to cancel your card. Mention your name as on the bank’s record, address as in record, card number, and registered mobile no. Do not mention your PIN or your card’s CVV number. Dispose your card by diagonally cutting your card in pieces.
Q3. How to avail the EMI Facility of SBI Card?
Ans: You have the facility to convert a transaction into EMI based on certain criteria. Once you complete a transaction using the SBI debit card, you may opt to convert the payment option for that transaction into EMI tenure of a minimum of 6 months to 18 months. The transactions eligible for EMI conversion should be for buying the products at 40000+ merchants and stores in 1500+ cities that are having Pine Labs branded Point of sales (POS) machines.
Q4. How to login/register to SBI credit card account?
Ans: If you do not have a login id and password, then you need to register with sbicard.com in order to access your SBI card online account. If you have a login id and a password, login straightaway. To register and get your login id, open the login page of sbicard.com and press the First Time User link. Enter your SBI card number, CVV code at the back of your card, and your date of birth, submit the information, an OTP (One Time Password) will be sent across on your registered mobile number and email id. Enter the OTP. OTP will enable you to set your SBI card User Id and password to complete the SBI card Registration process.
Q5. How do I view or get my SBI Card statement?
Ans: You will get E-Statement on your registered e-mail ID if in case; you have opted for a statement online in your registered email id. You will get a physical Statement on your registered mailing address if you have not opted for e-statement. You can opt for both versions of statements if you want physical and e-statement. You may also send an email from your registered email id to sbi card email id to send you the e-statement for a specific duration, You may register a request for e-statement by calling SBI card toll free no. If you want an off-line statement, you may walk into any nearest SBI branch ad request for e-statement., getting printouts hardcopy of you your account statement may be chargeable. Leveraging the online Chatbot ILA after logging into your account you may request for view or get SBI Card e-statement.
Q6. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for SBI Card?
Ans: To be able to get to SBI Credit Card apply, you need to have a Good Credit Score, your Age should be 21 years or higher, you need to be either a Salaried or self-employed person, you must be an India Resident, you need to possess a valid and active Bank account, You should have the mandatory documents, such as Aadhar Card, Passport/Voter Id/Driving License, and PAN Card, you should be able to furnish Last 3 months Bank Statement and Last 3 months Salary Slips or Income Tax Return as supporting documents of income proof. These does not guarantee that you will get a SBI card as it is a sole discretion of SBI bank whether to offer a card to you or not.
Q7. How can I get my SBI Card account information instantly?
Ans: The easiest way to get the latest information on your SBI card account is via missed call. For Balance Enquiry, give a missed call at 8422845512. Missed call on 8422845513 will let you know about your available Credit and Cash Limit on the SBI Card. Missed call at 8422845514 will help you know the Reward Point Summary. Missed call at 8422845515 will enable you to know the last payment status. You may also talk to the Chatbot ILA to get updated SBI Card account information.
Q8. How can I use SBI Card Mobile App?
Ans: SBI Card mobile app can be downloaded from play store or Appstore on platforms like iOS, Android, and Windows. Register for first time user of the SBI Card App or login using your SBI Card Online user ID and password to access the SBI Card mobile app on your mobile / tablets. A faster or moderately speed of data or internet connection on your device would be enough to access this application. Account summary, Unbilled transactions, Card statement for the last 12 months, Payment history, Reward point, Offers, and rewards, Redeem reward points, Access E-STORE to make travel bookings are some of the features than can be accessed on the go from your SBI Card mobile App.
Q9. How to register on SBI Card Mobile app?
Ans: First-time users need to register on SBI Card Online to create user ID and password, the first step would be to download SBI Card App or go to the home page of www.sbicard.com, To register, click on the ‘First-time user link’. Enter the card no., CVV no., and date of birth and tap on ‘Proceed’. You will receive OTP as a last step of authorization on your registered mobile number that you need to enter the OTP and press ‘Proceed’. The system next will ask you to create a user ID and password of your choice. After filling the user id and password, tap on ‘Confirm’. Your username and password are created and you will receive a confirmation message and the id/password will be sent to your registered email id.
Stockquantum was founded by Dharmendra Mukati in 2018. I am a Trader and Investor in the last 10 years.
I am writing here about stock broker review, broker comparison, IPO investment, Crypto currencies, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, sub brokership, mutual fund, personal finance, and our experiences.