About IDBI Capital
Page Contents Table
IDBI Capital is a well known Mumbai based full-service stockbroker with integrated banking facilities. In other words, we can say it is a bank–based full-service broker, a truly owned subsidiary of IDBI Bank Ltd.
It is one of the oldest stockbrokers incorporated back in December 1993, and in the year 2006, it joined the online trading segment with IDBI paisa builder. Mr. Nagaraj Garla is the MD and CEO of IDBI Capital.
Being a full-service broker, it offers users with offline support through its 19 branches across all metro cities of India.
It is a fully integrated financial full-service stockbroker with banking facilities, which made IDBI Capital different and helped a lot in grabbing a vast reputation. It provides various trading options to their respective clients with personalized assistance.
Being a bank based full-service broker, IDBI Capital offers its client with a 3 in 1 account facility integrated with IDBI Bank Account, IDBI Demat Account, and IDBI trading Account. This feature helps in quick fund transfers without any hassles.
IDBI Capital is very useful indirect corporate trading, institutional trading, and, most importantly, in daily retail level trading too. It has an excellent team base of more than 200 members. It is a registered member with BSE and NSE.
As per recent records, IDBI capital holds an active customer base of more than 42,405 and will grow in the coming days. On trading with IDBI Capital, the user will be availed with the following trading segments and investment services.
- Equity Trading
- Derivatives Trading
- Mutual Funds
In addition, IDBI capital offers two unique segments of trading, i.e., EQUITY SIP and ENCASH to its clients.
What is EQUITY SIP?
It is a unique Investment Plan where a user can deposit a certain amount every month in the form of stocks or mutual funds. It gives a systematic approach to invest in generating long term profits and goals. It has mainly 2 types of SIP offered by IDBI to its customers:
- Amount Based SIP: In this segment, the user can invest a fixed amount in stocks based on their own choice and preference with a predefined frequency and term. It is allowed to choose up top 10 scrips per SIP.
- Quantity Based SIP: In this option, the client can buy a fixed number of shares of a company as their choice and preference. A client can choose up to 5 scrips per trade.
What is ENCASH?
It is a facility that allows a client to get sales proceeds credited to their account on the trading day. However, usually, it takes a T+2 settlement day. This facility is only available to those clients who have shares available on their Demat Account.
The net worth of IDBI Capital is over $3 billion. It offers a strong physical presence across all states of India. It has 19 branches covering 14 major cities of India with a vast network of business associates. The users can visit any of their offline branches to get availed with various kinds of services and trading assistance.
IDBI Capital Trading Platforms
The best advantageous part of trading with IDBI Capital is that it provides full in house developed trading platforms for best trading experience. It fully focuses on developing and maintaining its trading platforms and terminals.
The main reason is that most of the renowned stockbrokers generally outsource their trading software and platforms from different vendors, which creates confusion amongst their clients.
Here we gonna discuss all different trading applications with its features:
IDBI POWER PRO
Every trader is different in needs and preferences. An investor wants a trading platform to suits its needs and supports the way he wants to trade. IDBI Power Pro is mainly designed for those who want to trade in intraday.
It is specifically designed for heavy intraday traders for high speed and effective trading experience. It is integrated with a variety of charting, including stock analysis and features. It also offers real-time and quick market updates and reports.
Lets checkouts some of the best features of IDBI Power Pro:
- It comes with innovative visual and audio based notification and alerts systems. The user can customize the setting as per the trading pattern, preference, or with specific trading conditions based on stocks listed.
- The user can modify and personalize market watch lists to analyze specific scrips across all trading segments. This feature helps a user by saving time searching for the same trading segments all the time.
- The trading platform is effectively integrated with multiple trading tips and tricks. IDBI capital also offered various trading recommendations with research reports on both technical and fundamental levels.
- The client can track their order on a real-time basis.
- In order to analyze stocks more effectively, the platform offers you multiple types of charts based on your trading preference and pattern.
Technical Specifications and Requirements of IDBI Power Pro:
IDBI Power Pro is a software-based trading terminal that you need to download and install on your laptop or desktop. After a successful installation, you need to log in with your valid credentials and enjoy trading.
In order to use the terminal, make sure your system offers at least these configurations:
- A minimum internet speed of 56 kbps or higher. Higher the speed better will be the trading experience.
- Minimum 98/2000, XP, 7 or higher
- Pentium 4 processor or higher
- Minimum of 512 MB ram or above.
IDBI POWER STREAMING
It is a web browser-based trading platform offered by IDBI Capital. It is very convenient to use just the user who needs to crawl the trading URL and start trading. Being a web browser-based trading platform.
It helps the user in multiple ways like you don’t have the hassle to download or install it on your system. No need to worry about special requirements or anything related to technology.
Here are some features mentioned below:
- Being a user, it’s quite convenient to use watch lists for effective trading, and the platform allows you to add 7 watch lists and over 50 scrips on each listing.
- The most beneficial is its one-click ordering feature.
- It is integrated with real-time charting with color-coding based on pricing. It gives you a quick glimpse of the market and momentum.
- The terminal is added with hotkey functionality for quick analysis of stocks; it helps in fast order placement. This feature helps the user to minimize the time wastage while stock price charges before the order placement.
- The platform shows the top 5 bids via the market depth window at any point in time between the trades.
IDBI POWER CLASSIC
IDBI Power Classic is one of the basic trading applications offered by IDBI Capital.
Here are some best features this trading platform offers:
- The trading platform offers the client to add, update, and order within its interface.
- It gives a provision to analyze livestock rates across all trading exchanges at once. It includes both NSE and BSE.
- Being a web browser-based trading terminal, it offers a versatile performance to get accessed from anywhere. It is not dependent on any special device for trading.
- The trading platform is loaded with ledgers, account notes, different reports, and contract notes. To enhance the total trading experience.
NOTE: This trading terminal is mainly focused on beginner-level traders and investors. However, most of the heavy level trader may find some features missing, which will hinder their trading efficiency for sure.
IDBI MOBILE APP
Every trading platform mentioned above is suited for different kinds of traders. However, the IDBI Mobile app offers an average performance when compared with other trading terminals.
Here are some features IDBI Mobile App offers:
- Here the client will find multiple market reports and watch lists for effective trading.
- The mobile trading application is integrated with real-time market streaming of quotes from various stock exchanges.
- It is loaded with different charting options for detailed market analysis in both technical and fundamental trading levels.
Here are some concerns reported by the investors while trading with this mobile application:
- On trading, users are facing constant market watch lists issues.
- The investors reported that most of the time, the data displayed is not consistent with real-time trading.
- The application update frequency is very poor. The broker should improve its stability with regular patches and updates.
- Multiple logouts without any notification to the trader.
NOTE: after analyzing the overall performance and the issues we suggest you not to trade with this trading application. The stockbroker needs to focus on its performance and optimization.
IDBI Capital Research Reports and Services
IDBI Capital is a full-service stockbroker, offering best in class tips, recommendations ad research reports to its investors through multiple communication channels. They provide personalized executives for assistance via your preferred mode of communication, including SMS, WhatsApp, and Email and over the phone too.
Here are a few kinds of research reports and services provided by IDBI Capital to its clients on a regular basis:
IDBI Capital Morning Reports
The main advantage of Morning Reports is that it offers daily level reports. It is mainly focused on top stock picks for the day with both target and Stop-Loss prices. IDBI Capital’s research team put full labor in analyzing the market standings before recommending to their clients.
These reports are most beneficial to those traders who prefer intraday trading. The user can check this report every morning before placing the real order.
With this report, you will get almost 3 to 4 tips and suggestions on a daily basis, including an assurance from the market momentum. However, we suggest you perform your own trading strategies and analysis in addition to the tips offered for the best profitable results.
IDBI Capital Investments Guides
This investment guide is also a trading research report offered by IDBI Capital on a daily basis. It is published only after extensive analysis done at deep stock and market level.
This Investment Guide covers various trading tips, few of them are mentioned below:
- Trade recommendation by experts
- It offers a summary of the latest profitable stocks
- It provides valid reasons and highlights the best investment schemes on a daily basis.
- This guide covers financial summaries, too, including financial ratios, P&L statements, balance Summary, etc.
Moreover, this investment guide publishes 4 to 5 research reports daily with a similar level of trade pattern after deep analysis.
IDBI Capital Equities Fact Sheets
This fact sheet is a bit different from the above-mentioned research reports because it offers once in a month. It produces fundamental research reports, specifically focusing on a single best stock of the month.
However, this report goes a bit longer as it describes everything in detail about the stock and the company, & it also includes the broker’s recommendations, reasons, and stats.
This report offers the best-detailed analysis for long term profits; it covers various segments like investment period, returns potentials, target price, and some specific financial metrics based on the company’s foundation and performance.
The sheet coves up the following areas:
- It focuses on each macro and micro-level economic events. To correctly analyze every stock effectively.
- It covers every detail with the company’s background too.
- A stock without technical analysis is of no use. So this fact sheet offers both fundamental and professional overview of the stock.
However, this report is provided to its clients every month. So if you are an investor looking for long term investments, then this report suits you the best.
Lastly, the broker plays a vital role in offers these reports to its clients for high revenue generation. It is a crucial step offered by IDBI Capital when compared with other full-service brokers. The main advantage of these research reports is that the reports are very intensely focused and analyzed.
Overall, this stockbroker offers the best fundamental research reports for both long and short term investments. This full-service broker offers the best options to generate quick profits with minimum risk.
IDBI Capital Customer Care, Support and Office Addresses
IDBI Capital is one of the best full-service brokers with banking facilities. The main focus is to offer the best support to its clients. Moreover, IDBI Capital is a bank based full-service stockbroker that enhances the expectations of the users as far as support is concerned.
Here are some communication channels offered by this broker:
- Via Email
- Over Toll-Free Number
- Offline Branches
- Landline phone Service
Customers Care Numbers, Addresses, and E-Mail ids.
|IDBI Capitals Markets & Securities Ltd.|
6th Floor, IDBI Tower,
World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai, 400001
|Contact Nos. (For Queries)||+91 22 22171700 And +91 22-3913 5001|
|Fax||+91 22 2285 0785|
|Toll-free no.||1800-22-3366 And 1800 200 3388|
|Email (For Queries And Information)||[email protected]|
|For any queries on Merchant Banking and Corporate Advisory, please send in your mails to:||[email protected]|
|For any for Complaints or Grievances, please send in your mails to:||[email protected]|
|For any Complaints or Grievances, relating to depository participants services, please send in your mails to:||[email protected]|
IDBI Capital Customer Ratings
|Products & Services||6.3/10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||6.0/10|
|Stock Research & Advisory||6.2/10|
IDBI Capital Prices and Charges
It was mostly found that the bank-based full-service brokers fail to offer the best value for money services in the field of stock market trading. In the case of IDBI Capital, you might feel the brokerage, transaction charges, and account-related payments on the heaviest side.
The main reason behind this high charge is because these brokers are backed up by a parent banking company. There is a myth in our mind that bank-based brokers will never fail to provide its services and will always give you the best profitable outputs. This is the main mistake we all do before selecting a good stockbroker.
Here are some of the charges IDBI Capital levied from its clients:
IDBI Capital Account Opening Charges
|Trading Account Opening Charges||Rs. 700|
|Trading Account AMC||Rs. 0|
|DEMAT Account Opening Charges||Rs. 0|
|DEMAT Account AMC||Rs. 450|
IDBI Capital is one of the popular bank based full-service stockbrokers of India. The stockbroker levied Rs. 700 for opening a trading account and Rs. 450 as a DEMAT account’s AMC.
Most interestingly, you don’t have to pay anything for Trading Account AMC and DEMAT Account Opening. Moreover, the account opening charges are very competitive with other stockbrokers.
IDBI Capital Brokerage Charges
Being a trader, it is very crucial to monitor all the expenses that you must maintain to gain a maximum profit out of it. It is always recommended to negotiate as much you can with the executive before opening a trading account.
Being a bank based full-service broker IDBI capital offers a variety of plans based on money deposited by the investor at initial stages in their trading account.
Let’s check out some of the brokerages mentioned below:
- 1. IDBI Capital Flat Classic Brokerage Plan
|Equity Options||Rs. 100 Per Lot|
- 2. IDBI Capital Flexi-Gold Brokerage Plan
In this Brokerage plan, the investor needs to pay a fixed amount for a period of time of 6 months to 12 months. Based on your trading pattern, a specific brokerage charge will be deducted from your trading account on the end day of the plan duration. However, you will be refunded with the unused amount.
Here we have mentioned all the options available with the specific prepaid amount with time span:
|Plan||FG 5,000||FG 10,000||FG 25,000||FG 50,000||FG 1,00,000||FG 5,00,000|
|Upfront Subscription||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 50,000||Rs. 1,00,000||Rs. 5,00,000|
|Duration||6 months||9 months||12 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
|Square Off Brokerage (Per Leg)||0.04%||0.04%||0.03%||0.02%||0.01%||0.01%|
|Futures Brokerage (Per Leg)||0.04%||0.04%||0.03%||0.02%||0.01%||0.01%|
|Options Brokerage (Per Leg)||Rs. 60 Per Lot||Rs. 40 Per Lot||Rs. 25 Per Lot||Rs. 20 Per Lot||Rs. 5 Per Lot||Rs. 10 Per Lot|
At last, in this brokerage plan, you must have noticed that, if you increase the prepaid amount, then gradually, your brokerage charges drop in all trading segments.
- 3. IDBI Capital ACE Trader Brokerage Plan
Lastly, IDBI Capital offers ACE Trader Brokerage Plans; it mainly focuses on your monthly trading turnover. The more you trade, the less you pay as brokerage charges across all trading segments.
Here below we have mentioned all plans in details:
- 3.1 For Equity Delivery Trading
|Total Eligible Turnover Per Month||Brokerage on each leg (%)|
|Up to Rs. 2,00,000||0.50|
|Rs. 2,00,001 to Rs. 5,00,000||0.45|
|Rs. 5,00,001 to Rs. 10,00,000||0.40|
|Rs. 10, 00, 001 to Rs. 20,00,000||0.35|
|Rs. 20,00,001 to Rs. 40,00,000||0.30|
|Rs. 40,00, 001 to Rs. 1,00,00,000||0.25|
|Rs. 1,00,00,001 to Rs. 5,00,00,000||0.20|
|Rs. 5,00,00,001 to Rs. 10,00,00,000||0.15|
|Rs. 10,00,00,001 and above||0.10|
- 3.2 For Equity Intraday Trading
|Total Eligible Turnover Per Month||Brokerage Each Leg (%)|
|Up to Rs. 2,00,00,000||0.050|
|Rs. 2,00,00,001 to Rs. 4,00,00,000||0.045|
|Rs. 4,00,00,001 to Rs. 6,00,00,000||0.040|
|Rs. 6,00,00,001 to Rs. 8,00,00,000||0.035|
|Rs. 8,00,00,001to Rs. 10,00,00,000||0.030|
|Rs. 10,00,00,001 and above||0.020|
- 3.3 For Futures Segment Trading
|Total Eligible Turnover Per Month||Brokerage Each Leg (%)|
|Up to Rs. 2,00,00,000||0.048|
|Rs. 2,00,00,001 to Rs. 5,00,00,000||0.040|
|Rs. 5,00,00,001 to Rs. 10,00,00,000||0.035|
|Rs. 10,00,00,001 & above||0.020|
IDBI Capital Transaction Charges
Being a bank based full-service broker, IDBI Capital charges some transaction fees from its clients. The fee varies with the trade value as it is totally based on a percentage basis:
Here are detailed transaction charges of IDBI Capital:
|Equity Delivery||NSE: 0.00325% and BSE: 0.00325%|
|Equity Intraday||NSE: 0.00325% and BSE: 0.00325%|
|Equity Options||NSE: 0.051% (on premium)|
|Currency Futures||NSE: 0.0011%|
Let’s discuss this in details, the transaction charge IDBI Capital charges on Equity Delivery NSE: 0.00325% and BSE: 0.00325%. In the case of Currency futures and Equity Futures, the charges are NSE: 0.0011% and NSE: 0.0019%, respectively. The transaction charge on Currency Options is NSE: 0.040%, on Equity Options is NSE: 0.051% (on premium).
IDBI Capital Other Charges
|Transaction Charges||0.00312% Of Total Turnover|
|STT||0.0126% Of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% Of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty||Depends On State (Very Minimal)|
|GST||18% Of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
If you thoroughly check the table as mentioned above, you will notice that IDBI Capital will charge 0.0002% of the total turnover as SEBI Turnover Charges.
Also, it charges 0.0126 % of the total turnover as STT, 0.00312 % of the total turnover as Transaction Charges, a total of 18 % on the overall value of the sum of brokerage and transaction charges as GST and variable Stamp Duty based on the laws of the respective State judiciary.
IDBI Capital Margin and Exposure
|Segments||Margin and Exposure|
|Equity||for intraday Up to 15 Times|
up to 3 times For Delivery
|Equity Futures||For Intraday Up to 5 times|
|Equity Options||on buying No Margin|
on Intraday selling Up to 2 times
|Currency Futures||For Intraday Up to 2 times|
|Currency Options||on Buying No Margin|
for Intraday Shorting up to 2 times
Being a bank based full – service stock broker, it provides average leverage to their traders with regular exposure with limited equity. Let’s find out all margins related queries in details:
- The best thing about this full-service stockbroker is to provide high exposure up to 15 times in Intraday and up to 3 times in delivery in case of the Equity segment.
- In the case of Currency Futures, the stockbroker provides up to 2 times for Selling and charges nothing on Buying.
- Exposure in the case of Commodity trading is up to 2 times
- IDBI Capital charges up to 5 times in case of Equity Futures.
- Whereas in the case of Equity Options, the broker offers 2 times on selling and no margin on buying and currency options this full-service Broker offers 2 times on selling and no margin on buying.
IDBI Capital Comparison with its Closest Competitor.
IDBI Capital Comparison With Closet Discount Brokers
|Service Type||Bank-based Full-Service Broker||Discount Broker||Discount Broker||Discount Broker|
|Brokerage Range||.08 to .5%||Rs. 10||Rs. 20||Rs. 20|
|Account Type||3 in 1||2 in 1||2 in 1||2 in 1|
|Equity Delivery||0.5% or 50 paisa||Flat Fee Rs 10||Free||Free|
|Equity Intraday||0.08% or 8 paisa||Flat Fee Rs 10||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower|
|Equity Futures||0.08% or 8 paisa||Flat Fee Rs 10||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower|
|Equity options||Rs 100 Per Lot||Flat Fee Rs 10||Flat Fee Rs 20||Flat Fee Rs 20|
|Commodity Option||NA||Flat Fee Rs 10||Flat Fee Rs 20||Flat Fee Rs 20|
|Currency futures||0.08% or 8 paisa||Flat Fee Rs 10||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower||0.01% or Rs 20 whichever is lower|
|Currency options||Rs 100 Per Lot||Flat Fee Rs 10||Flat Fee Rs 20||Flat Fee Rs 20|
|Rating||3.6 out of 5||4.0 out of 5||4.3 out of 5||4.3 out of 5|
IDBI Capital Comparison with Closet Full Service Broker.
|Broker||IDBI Capital||Sharekhan||Angel broking||Edelweiss|
|Service Type||Bank-based Full-Service Broker||Full-Service Broker||Full-Service Broker||Full-Service Broker|
|Brokerage Range||.08 to .5%||0.1 to 0.5%||Rs. 15 to Rs.30||Rs. 10 to 0.5%.|
|Account Type||3 in 1||2 in 1||2 in 1||2 in 1|
|Equity Delivery||0.5% or 50 paisa||0.5% or 50 paisa||Rs. 15 /trade less than Rs. 50k order|
Rs. 30/trade more than Rs. 50k order
|Rs.10 / 0.01% whichever lower|
|Equity Intraday||0.08% or 8 paisa||0.1% or 10 paisa||Rs. 15 /trade less than Rs. 50k order|
Rs. 30/trade more than Rs. 50k order
|Rs.10 / 0.01% whichever lower|
|Equity Futures||0.08% or 8 paisa||0.1% or 10 paisa||A flat fee of Rs. 30/ order||Rs.10 / 0.01% whichever lower|
|Equity options||Rs 100 Per Lot||2.5% of Premium or Rs 250 per lot whichever is high||A flat fee of Rs. 30/ order||Flat Fee of Rs. 10|
|Commodity||NA||0.1% or 10 paisa||A flat fee of Rs. 30/ order||NA|
|Currency futures||0.08% or 8 paisa||0.1% or 10 paisa||A flat fee of Rs. 30/ order||Rs.10 / 0.01% whichever lower|
|Currency options||Rs 100 Per Lot||2.5% of Premium or Rs 250 per lot whichever is high||A flat fee of Rs. 30/ order||Flat Fee of Rs. 10|
|Rating||3.6 out of 5||4.0 out of 5||4.3 out of 5||4.1 out of 5|
IDBI Capital Merits And Demerits
IDBI Capital Merits
- As we all know, IDBI Capital is a bank based full-service broker. It offers additional trust in the mind of the investors.
- The main advantage as a client you will get a 3 in 1 account with this broker with all banking facilities included.
- This broker offers various trading platforms, and all of them are in house developed. It offers great products for all types of investors.
- It offers detailed and accurate research reports, both fundamental and technical segments.
- There are various brokerage plans offered to its users, based on the initial deposit and total turnover on the stock market.
- IDBI Capital both banking and trading facilities for NRIs.
IDBI Capital Demerits
- IDBI Capital provides a mediocre mobile trading application. The application needs a lot of modifications and optimization in terms of stability, performance, and features.
- It offers an average performance in providing research reports, tips, and technical analysis.
- This full-service broker compromises in providing a limited number of communication to its clients.
- The brokerage is a bit higher at low investments and turnover.
- IDBI Capital doesn’t allow Commodity trading.
IDBI Capital is India’s one of the best bank based full-service brokers and holds a position in the top 10 mutual fund distributors. It offers a wide range of products and facilities for its customers to choose from, whether they are savings, investing, investments, wealth management, sales or consultancy.
Being a bank based broker, it offers 3 in 1 account for easy fund transfer. Offers various facilities for NRI traders with all trading segments. However, the brokerage rates are on the higher side but the research reports offer are best in class.
So if you are experienced and can deal without recommendations and monthly reports, then we suggest you choose a lower brokerage firm for effective trading benefits.
Q1. What type of broker IDBI Capital is?
Ans. IDBI Capital is a bank–based full-service broker.
Q2. When IDBI came into existence?
Ans. It was established in the year 1993.
Q3. Who is the MD or CEO of IDBI Capital?
Ans. Mr. Nagaraj Garla is the MD and CEO of IDBI Capital.
Q4. Why is IDBI Capital popular?
Ans. IDBI Capital is a fully integrated financial full-service stockbroker with banking facilities, which made IDBI Capital different and helped a lot in grabbing a huge reputation.
Q5. What is the type of account IDBI Capital Offers to its users?
Ans. IDBI Capital offers its client a 3 in 1 account facility integrated with IDBI Bank Account, IDBI Demat Account, and IDBI trading Account.