How to Check Pan Card Status Online
Page Contents Table
At the point when you apply for PAN card or update/correct incorrect data in your PAN.
You can track the status of your PAN application or PAN card correction utilizing this, and you can check the status of PAN card on UTI or NSDL portal by acknowledgment number.
Tracking the status of the PAN application is a short and simple process.
The Different Modes for Checking PAN Card Status?
The Income Tax Department has given different approaches to check the UTI PAN Card status. The client can check the status through the UTI portal or NSDL online interface.
It can be processed for 15 days. The UTI PAN status can be checked by customers, if necessary, before receiving. The various methods of checking Status are listed below.
- Through Application Number/PAN Number (Online)
- Through mobile sms (Offline)
- Through Reference/ Application Number (Online)
- Through Name and Date of Birth of the applicant
- Through PAN number
- Through a call to NSDL Helpline number (Offline)
1. PAN Card Status on UTI Website
All businessmen, salaried, and all organizations are liable to pay income tax to the government every year if their income falls below the tax limit.
Taxpayers will have to apply for a PAN card as they have to file an income tax return. After submitted, the status can be tracked.
The Income Tax Department has entrusted offices like UTI and NSDL to give PAN cards. The following procedure is done through different techniques gave by UTI and NSDL.
UTI PAN card status should be possible through on the web and offline mode. It is an essential and straightforward procedure.
The status of PAN card application, duplicate PAN card, or even UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited can apply for correction on the web portal.
There are two options here to check, using either of the two, you can know the PAN card status. Some of the following steps that you need to follow.
- First of all, you need to go to UTI website.
- After clicking on the link, you will have to enter your coupon number or PAN number. Enter either of the two.
- Then, enter your date of birth in (dd/mm/yyyy) format.
- Then there will be a CAPTCHA code, you will also have to fill it.
- Then last, you need to click on the ‘submit’ option.
- There is also an option of reset, and if any wrong input is done then you can correct it from here.
- After clicking submit, you will get PAN card status information from UTI.
Check PAN Status by Mobile SMS & UTI Helpline Numbers
If someone wants to know the status of the PAN card, then he must have both the Aadhaar card number and PAN card number.
With the mobile SMS facility, one can easily track the status of your PAN card for the correction application.
You have to send a message to this number 57575 from your registered mobile number, which is like this.
UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhar number><10 digit PAN Number>
You can contact the helpline numbers given below for any query related to PAN and to check the status of the UTI PAN card application.
- New Delhi- 011-23211262
- Mumbai- 022-67931300
2. PAN Card Status on NSDL Portal
On this portal, you can check the status in two ways, one by acknowledgment number and the other by entering your name. Both methods are being told, follow step by step.
Check by Acknowledgement Number
- First, you go to the NSDL website.
- After clicking on the link, a box will appear, as you can see in the image below.
- Here, you have to select your application type (Pan card). You will have two Application shows here, one is the PAN card, and the other is the tan card.
- After that, you have to enter your acknowledgment number which is 15 digits.
- After that, a Captcha code will come, fill it, and then click on the ‘submit’ option in the last.
- This way, you will be able to know your status.
Check by Name and Date of Birth
- You will have to go to NSDL website.
- Its interface will look like this, you can understand by looking in the image below.
- First of all, you have to select the name of the radio button which is round.
- You have to enter the last name or surname, then the first name and the middle name in the last.
- After that, the date of birth is to be entered and then click on submit.
- After clicking submit, you will be able to know the status of PAN card.
Check NSDL PAN Status through Mobile SMS and NSDL Helpline Numbers
An individual can visit NSDL centers at any time, which is connected to the Income Tax Department of the government.
- You need to go to the NSDL website.
- Choose “Pan Center” on the right side of the page.
- Select “State / Union Territory”.
- choose location”.
In charge of all NSDL centers, email ID and TIN FC code address and contact number are displayed at the given location.
Aside from online facilities, the offline office is additionally given by NSDL to the people. In which they will be assisted with following the status of RTI PAN.
You can contact by helpline numbers and give the necessary details to track the status of PAN. The Executive UTI selected by NSDL will help the candidate to follow the status of PAN.
Helpline Customer: 022-27218080
List of Pan Card Office in India
You will get information about where the PAN card office is in India because the name of the city is being shared.
- office in Coimbatore
- office in Gurgaon
- office in Patna
- office in Kolkata
- office in Hyderabad
- office in Mumbai
- office in Delhi
- office in Pune
- office in Bangalore
- office in Chennai
PAN Card Update/Correction
Your PAN card is an important document. You can use it in your future. It is a document that will serve you everywhere as an identity.
But if there is some mistake in the PAN card. Such as the name has been misplaced, or the address has become wrong.
So this situation can be a huge problem. For this, you can request an online or offline correction.
1. PAN Card Update and Correction Process Online
Please follow each step carefully.
- First of all, the customers have to go to the Income Tax e-filing website and then select the update PAN / Aadhaar details.
- Changes in PAN data or correction/reprint of PAN card Customers have to select the third option in the ‘Application Type’ dropdown menu.
- Customers need to select the correct category of assesses From the ‘Category’ dropdown menu.
- Here, customers have submitted some details such as email ID, name, date of birth, and mobile number then click on submit. Customers can continue the process.
- After Customers proceed, Customers will be redirected to the form. There are three options for submitting Customer’s documents –
- Digitally submit via e-KYC and e-Sign
- Submit scanned images via e-sign to NSDL e-Gov or C-DAC (e-sign charges are Rs. 5.90 in both cases)
- Physically forward the application
- Choose the way you want to submit the document.
Customers have to Fill PAN and Aadhaar details; Other fundamental details, for example, name and date of birth will be prefilled.
Look to the correction segment, where you will discover three choices – photograph mismatch, signature mismatch, and parent details. What’s more, Tick the box they need to address and click on Next.
- Customers are currently on the ‘Address and Contact’ page. If they have given their Aadhaar details and their PAN and Aadhaar are connected. At that point, the residential address will be predetermined.
- PAN card will be sent to the mentioned address. To update a different address, they have to tick the box below. They should give a legitimate proof of address provided. Click Next’.
- Presently they need to give proof of identity, verification of address, and evidence of the date of birth.
They will also need to submit a duplicate of their PAN or PAN assignment letter. If Customers provide a photocopy of their Aadhaar, at that point, the above three requirements will be fulfilled.
- They must sign the declaration stating the number of documents attached as proof. And Then they have to click on submit.
- Customers will have to upload scanned copies, after which they will be shown a preview of your structure and click on submit.
Next, Customers need to pay an expense for correction or update of PAN details, which is Rs 110, if the correspondence address is situated inside the nation. and Rs 1020, at that point, the correspondence address is situated in the other nation. An acknowledgment number will be created After payment, and they can able to get it.
Customers need to take a printout, and then they have to send it to the NSDL e-Go office, along with must be document proof.
2. Apply for PAN Card Correction and Update Offline
If a customer does not want to fill the online form, he can fill the PAN correction form offline. Just for this, you have to download the PAN Correction Form from the website.
Fill this form and submit it along with copies of valid documents to the nearest NSDL collection center. You must also file a letter with the judicial evaluation officer.
Both offline form fields and online form fields are almost the same but some points have to be noted.
3. How to Change Name in PAN Card
If any mistake is wrong in your name on the PAN card, then how will you rectify it. Please see step by step in detail. The online procedure is very straightforward and can be executed in minutes.
- The request can be placed through TIN-NSDL or UTIITSL For online application.
- Here is the PAN card form download link for offline application.
- Fulfill all the details on the PAN card form.
- The Photo and signature must be on the way before submission.
- A demand draft will be sent offline to the registered address of NSDL along with the application form in the name of NSDL.
- Pay online using net banking or debit/credit card.
- A 15-digit acknowledgment number can be used to check the status of a PAN card.
- Once successfully submitted, the updated PAN card is distributed to the applicant within 45 days of application.
4. Documents Required for Name Change in PAN Card
For PAN card name correction, some documents will be required which name is being shared here. And the documents are being named below:-
- Husband’s passport in case of PAN card surname change after marriage
- Newspaper advertisement containing the updated name
- Voter ID
- Driving License (DL)
- Aadhaar card
5. Change Address in PAN Card Application Form
The PAN card doesn’t contain the address of the cardholder. Address for sending a printed version of the PAN card by post. You can get refreshes by filling the application form 49A offline.
For form filled and confirmed internet utilizing Aadhaar OTP, the location can’t be changed. The address referenced in the Aadhaar database is taken as your location as a matter of course.
If you need to change this address, you initially need to get the refreshed location in your Aadhaar card and afterward fill the PAN card Form 49A.
6. Fees and Charges for Pan card Correction or Update
To improve PAN details, an applicant will have to pay a fee for the same. The fee amount for the new PAN application and PAN update/correction is the same. Fees are -110 rupees will be charged if the communication address is within India, but if the communication address is outside India, in this condition it will cost Rs 1,020.
Documents Required List for Any Change in PAN Card
For individuals and HUF:
|Proof of Address||Proof of Identity||Proof of Date of Birth||Proof of PAN|
|Property Registration Document||Central Government Health Service Scheme Card or Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme photo card||Affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth||PAN Card|
|Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central or State Government of not more than three years old||Pensioner card having photograph of the applicant||Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages||PAN Allotment Letter|
|Domicile certificate issued by the Government||Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Public Sector Undertaking||Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or Central Public Sector Undertaking or State Public Sector Undertaking|
|Post office passbook having address of the applicant||Arm’s license||Birth certificate issued by the municipal authority or any office authorized to issue birth and death certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths, or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955|
|Passport of the spouse||Ration card having photograph of the applicant||Matriculation certificate or Mark sheet of recognized board|
|Driving License(DL)||Driving License(DL)||Driving License(DL)|
|Elector’s photo identity card||Elector’s photo identity card||Elector’s photo identity card|
|Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI||Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI||Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI|
For Indian companies
|Company||Certificate of Registration issued by the Registrar of Companies.|
|Artificial Juridical Person or Association of Person, Body of Individuals,Local Authority||State Government Department establishing identity and address of such person or any other document originating from any Central or registrar of cooperative society or certificate of registration number issued by charity commissioner.|
|Trust||Copy of certificate of registration number or Trust deed.|
|Limited Liability Partnership||Certificate of Registration|
|Partnership Firm||Copy of partnership deed or Certificate of Registration|
The Income Tax Department has given different approaches to check the status of the UTI PAN card. Customers can check the situation through the UTI portal or NSDL online interface. It can be processed for 15 days for a pan card application.
PAN Card FAQ
How can I check my pan status?
- Go to SDL portal and then select “PAN – New/Change Request”
- Then, You have to put your 15 digit acknowledgment number in the field
- Put the captcha code and last click on the ‘submit’ button
- After that, the status of PAN will be displayed on your screen
How much time does it take for a PAN card?
Usually, It can take 15-20 working days to submit the PAN card application form. Presently, however, candidates can get their PAN cards in 2 days.
The methodology is given underneath: Go to the NSDL site and select the proper structure from the given alternatives.
How can I check my PAN card status by name?
If you do not have a knowledge number or you are lost somewhere, then you can see the pan card status by name and date of birth By going to NSDL Portal.
Can we download the PAN card?
Yes, you can download the PAN card soft copy (e-PAN card) by going on the NSDL website along with your acknowledgment number along with your PAN card and date of birth (DOB).
How long does it take for PAN card correction?
Usually, it takes around 15-30 days for PAN information to be corrected, anyway the time declared by the authority isn’t.
You can pause and check the status of your correction request utilizing the acknowledgment number you have given.
How much does it cost to correct the PAN card?
People who are residents of India and there is a mismatch in their PAN card, which they want to get rectified. For that, they have to pay a fee, which includes a processing fee of Rs 110 and 93.00 plus GST 18.00%.
What is my PAN number?
Alongside filling in as identity verification, PAN card also helps in checking tax avoidance. The container is a ten-digit one of a kind recognizable proof number distributed to every individual who has applied for it, and it is introduced with track assessable money related exchanges in nature?
How can I know my first name and last name on the PAN card?
To locate the middle surname from your PAN card, check the fifth character of your PAN. The fifth letter of PAN is the first letter of your surname. Assume, If it is D, the name starting with the letter ‘D’ is given as a surname in the PAN application structure.
Can the PAN card be corrected online?
Yes, if there is a mistake in the PAN card, then you can apply online to rectify that mistake. For this, you have to go to the NSDL website and fill your details there.
What are the documents required for PAN card correction?
Some documents are required, such as Voter ID, Driving License (DL), Aadhaar card, Husband’s Passport, Passport, etc. for improving PAN card. It is a document that can be used.
Stockquantum was founded by Dharmendra Mukati in 2018. I am a Trader and Investor in the last 10 years.
I am writing here about stock broker review, broker comparison, IPO investment, Crypto currencies, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, sub brokership, mutual fund, personal finance, and our experiences.