HDFC Securities is popularly a leading stock broking company in India. HDFC Securities is a subsidiary of HDFC Bank, which is a renowned financial institution dealing with diversified services such as wealth management, loans, portfolio management, financial advisory, etc.
The company was incorporated in the year 2000 with headquarters in Mumbai. They have over 250 physical branches across the nation.
If you are short of time, you can also get most of their services online through customer care executives.
HDFC Securities provides a three in one account, that is, your savings account, Demat account, and trading account together in one place. When you buy any stock, the money is deducted from your savings bank account and the shares deposited to the Demat account.
HDFC is a member of BSE, NSE, IRDA, PFRDA, AMFI, and MCX. They are also participants as CDSL and NSDL.
They facilitate online trading with the help of the HDFC Securities Mobile App. This app, loaded with advanced level features for providing seamless trading and investing experience.
Through this article, we will explain the various features of this app as well as we will talk about the Pros and Cons along with cost structure.
HDFC Securities App Review
HDFC Securities provide multiple trading platforms, ranging from HDFC Securities Mobile App and web apps to terminal-based desktop trading platforms.
However, they emphasize trading via mobile. There are two mobile apps available with the HDFC Securities.
- HDFC Securities Mobile Trading
- Pro Terminal
Both the above apps are full of attractive features. Let us have a look.
HDFC Securities Mobile Trading App
A small 13 MB application, which does not occupy a lot of space and performs at a tremendously fast speed.
The market can flip in seconds, and that is the reason why you need a fast-moving tool for your trading.
The new and updated version of the HDFC Securities Trading App is more comfortable to navigate and use. Thanks to the smartly-designed user interface.
The app also provides news, market updates, investment ideas, real-time charts, and much more.
It has over 10 lakh downloads from the Google Play Store, with a combined rating of 4.2 stars. That is outstanding. Here are the critical app features of the HDFC Securities Mobile Trading Platform.
- Trading in both Equity and Derivatives is possible through the same application.
- Stock details such as a change in percentage, last traded price, and top bids and offers can be seen just by one click.
- It has multiple watch lists that are customizable and provides real-time updates of price on all your favorite stocks.
- You get all the news that can impact your list of stocks.
- Intraday charts are available with multiple time frames – 1 minute to 1 month. Various drawing tools are also available.
- Price actions are in various styles, such as line graphs, bar graphs, candlesticks, etc.
- Technical Indicators are available in the app for detailed analysis when required.
- The latest version of the HDFC Mobile App has a fingerprint login feature for more security.
- Very importantly – HDFC enables you to invest in US Stock Markets as well with the same account.
- Buying Gold is also possible.
HDFC Securities Pro Terminal App
HDFC Pro Terminal is a new platform by HDFC Securities for high-end users and clients of HDFC.
It gathers data from thousands of worldwide sources and presents summarized and real-time information for the users.
This app is offered to privileged customers of HDFC Securities as it provides an in-depth analysis of the stock market on a real-time basis.
It is a small-sized app and lightning-fast because of the same reason. It has 3.3 stars user rating on Google Play Store.
Customers who subscribe to Pro Terminal get all the above features, same as HDFC Securities Trading App. They also get additional features, such as:
- Advanced charting tools with drawing tools for an in-depth analysis of the stocks.
- Additional technical indicators.
- Customizable widgets.
- Sentiment analysis tool.
- You get Local, National, and International news about finance and the stock market. This app collects the information from more than 35000 trustable sources and presents on a single screen.
HDFC Securities Competitor:
[table id=SBI1AlternativeBroker Responsive=scroll/]
HDFC Mutual Fund Investor App
It aims to facilitate and simplify your MF investment process —anytime, anywhere!
With HDFC MF Online APP you can now:
- Online transaction in any of HDFC MF schemes
- Track all your Lumpsum and SIP investments on the go
- View all your investments under a single portfolio
- Create and download relevant reports
HDFC Securities – Pros and Cons
This list provides a few benefits and considerations of the HDFC Securities account and its mobile apps.
- HDFC has a wide range of products portfolio, which includes investment across multiple asset classes such as equity, commodity, currency, F&O, IPO, Mutual Funds, Insurances, NCDs, NPS, Bonds Fixed Deposits and many more.
- Its vast network is the most significant selling point. HDFC Bank or HDFC Securities spread across 180 cities with more than 270 branches.
- All branches owned by HDFC.
- HDFC offers call & trade services as well, which is entirely free of cost.
- HDFC Securities has a world-class research analyst’s team. They offer extensive, unbiased research on the stock markets, both fundamental and technical.
- It also offers NRI accounts.
- SMS Alert Facility is chargeable.
- Trading Pro Terminal also has a subscription cost.
- Account opening fees are high.
HDFC Securities is a world-class service provider, and HDFC Securities Mobile Apps are also fully loaded with the required features. There are no significant drawbacks to using HDFC.
If you are more concerned about top-class services and do not bother much about the budget, then HDFC Securities is the best pick for you.
HDFC Securities App FAQs
Q. Are these apps free?
A. HDFC Trading App is free for download and use, downloadable from the respective app stores (Google Play Store and Apple iTunes App Store).
However, the Pro Terminal app is only free for download. HDFC charges an additional subscription fee if somebody wants to use Pro Terminal App. Brokerage charges apply to both the apps.
Q. Can I trade in Commodities and Derivatives segments?
A. Yes, you can conveniently trade in the commodities segment with any of these apps available. HDFC Securities also facilitate trading in Equity and its Derivative, i.e., Future and Options Segments.
Q. Does HDFC Securities offer any margin or leverage?
A. There is no leverage or margin money offered for delivery-based orders, i.e., Cash and Carry. However, HDFC Securities provides a margin for F&O overnight positions as per the stipulated margin from exchanges.
Q. Can I open an NRI account with HDFC Securities?
A. Yes, non-residential Indians can open a Demat and trading account with HDFC. The broker provides a three in one account for saving, Demat, and trading as well. However, if you are a USA or Canada based NRI, you may not be able to get an account at HDFC Securities.
Q. I don’t trade intraday. Is this app still useful for me?
A. Yes, HDFC Trading App is useful for investors as well. You can invest in Mutual Funds, you can subscribe to IPOs, and you can buy Gold as well as using these apps. As the HDFC provides a 3 in 1 account, you get other benefits of saving accounts as well.
HDFC Securities Alternative:
[table id=SBI2AlternativeBroker Responsive=scroll/]