HDFC Net Banking Power Unleashed
Experience the power and ease of banking at your fingertips. HDFC Bank Internet banking is like having a bank branch on your desktop. You can access your bank any time anywhere, at home or office or on the move.
You can easily and conveniently leverage the power of HDFC net banking on the go. HDFC Net Banking helps you remotely keep tabs on your banking and financial activities, your investment and Demat accounts, Transfer of money/funds from/To HDFC bank accounts and third party accounts.
You can request for e-statements/cheque books, purchase & redeem investments, pay utility bills and recharge, register for payments and many more on the cards.
Leveraging HDFC mobile banking app, you can enjoy the banking, financial, and Investment services offered by HDFC Bank net banking.
HDFC Net Banking is a premier net banking outfit developed exclusively by HDFC Bank, the 2nd largest private bank of India. HDFC netbanking is promoted, designed, and launched by HDFC bank with a view to offer best online banking service and smart experience for their customers armoured with highest level of security.
HDFC Bank plays a pivotal role in the overall development in shaping the future of banking industry in India and enjoys a special status as a leading private bank in Indian Banking eco System.
Types of bank accounts offered by HDFC Bank under its wings include:
Types of Accounts
- Savings Account
- Salary Account
- Current Account
- Rural Account
- Sukanya Samridhi Account
- Demat Account
The days are gone where in people walk up to a ‘Bricks and Mortar’ Bank branch to carry out their regular banking activities and transactions by standing in a long queue or playing with the token number until your token number is called.
The fast life has become faster and the entire world has jumped on the digital super highway and HDFC Bank is no exception.
Types of Netbanking
There are primarily two types of net banking. They are Personal net banking, for individual customers and corporate net banking for corporate customers.
Let’s find out more about both types of net banking offered by HDFC Bank.
Personal Net banking at a Glance
It is a facility offered by HDFC Bank to individual account holders a convenient way to do everything about banking without having to visit a Bricks and Mortar Bank Branch.
It helps manage accounts and account related services by an individual by simply logging in to his/her HDFC net banking account and do all activities being at the comfort of Home/Office.
We will learn about and focus on Personal Net Banking of HDFC bank in detail in the subsequent sections.
The Personal Internet Banking enables a customer do execute the following function after login to his/her HDFC netbanking account:
- Using Netbanking HDFC you can transfer funds to your own account as well as to a third party accounts
- You can book a fixed deposit/Recurring deposit
- You can book a ticket for Airlines, Rail, Bus or book a hotel room online
- You can make payment for online shopping and purchase
- You can do Instant Mobile/DTH recharge or book movie tickets
- You can do instant IMPS transfer of funds
- Using the power of RTGS/NEFT transfer of HDFC Net Banking, you can easily credit the beneficiary accounts
- You can view/download/print/share e-statements of your HDFC Bank Accounts
- You can set up standing instructions using HDFC net banking
- You can schedule payments, configure profile settings, make online tax payment via E- Tax, and make Automatic bill payments via E – Pay
- You can open DEMAT accounts and IPO services using HDFC net banking
- You can pay your HDFC Credit Card bills using HDFC net banking
Corporate Net Banking at a Glance
Business banking offers all the benefit of personal banking with added and high level of security and flexibility.
HDFC Business net banking is a powerful tool launched by HDFC bank to offer user-friendly online banking interface to help seamless business banking for the corporates around the world who are HDFC Bank customers.
HDFC bank offers world class net banking for its Business net banking customers.
- Anytime anywhere banking across all branches distanced by ocean
- Employees can enjoy convenience banking managing account from office and work from home employees
- Ensuring highest level of security and integrity as required in business banking
- Supports around the clock HDFC Business net banking with 24×7 transaction as required by corporates falling in different time zones
- Saving time for corporates as no need to walk up to the branch for routine transactions
- Pay Bills, taxes and statutory dues online in bulk for employees and avoid queues and avoid operational delay
- File upload facility enabling to facilitate bulk salary payment, tax, pre-paid card top up, utility bills, remittances
- Money Transfer to HDFC and other bank accounts
- Payment to registered beneficiary online, instantaneous payments in one click to multiple accounts
- Bulk Merchant Payments within pre-approved limit to various registered and non-registered merchants like telecom, electricity, municipal corporations
HDFC Corporate Net Banking Key Features
- Single window view of all combined HDFC Bank accounts
- Mapped to a single User ID
- Includes loans & deposits
- Channel partner, vendor and dealer accounts are Linked
- Transfer of funds using NEFT and RTGS for Intra and Interbank transfers
- Bulk payments
- Online Tax payment
- Utility Bill payments
- Trade Services
- Cash Management Services which includes
- Combined Account statement view & printing
- Collections MIS
- Requests for Fixed Deposit ( FD) opening,
- Requests for cheque book and cheque stop payment
HDFC Corporate Net Banking Key Benefits
- Around the clock 24X7 coverage for banking operations and requirements
- Access to Real-time access to account information
- Ensure High degree of Customisation and Security
- Pre-set the information access
- Multi-level approval process
- You can track all logins and transactions by date/User ID, thereby check the Audit Trails to monitor any misuse of access
Steps for HDFC Net Banking Activation & Registration
To activate net banking for the first time, you need to have the following in place.
- Your mobile is registered with your HDFC Bank account
- Your email ID is updated in your HDFC account
- You need to have your Debit Card Handy
- You need to have your customer ID handy (you will find it on cheque book, Welcome Kit or letter, on the passbook, ask your branch or customer care)
You need to begin the net banking activation and registration process by visiting the HDFC Website Home page.
Click on the Login button on the top right corner of the home page.
Next you need to select ‘NetBanking’ from the options of the popup and click on ‘Login’.
On the next screen, you will get the following options to proceed further:
- Regenerate your NetBanking IPIN
- Register for NetBanking online with OTP
We will select the first option ‘Regenerate your NetBanking IPIN’.
Next, click on ‘continue’.
On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the User ID/Customer ID.
Enter your customer ID and click on ‘Go’.
On the next screen, you will get two options:
- Authentication with One Time Password (OTP) sent on your registered mobile no. and your Debit Card details
- Authentication with One Time Passwords (OTPs) sent on your registered mobile no. and email ID
Select the second option, enter the Captcha, and click on ‘Continue’.
On the screen next, you need to enter your registered mobile number in the required field, and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
You will receive a 3-digit OTP on your registered mobile number and another 3-digit OTP on your registered email ID. On the next screen, you need to enter both OTPs in the respective fields for mobile number OTP and email ID OTP.
You need to now click on ‘Continue’.
On the next screen, you need to set up your net banking password.
Follow the rules as mentioned below on the same page to create your password. Re-enter the password to confirm.
Check the box to accept the terms and conditions, and click on ‘Confirm’.
On the next screen, you will receive a message that congratulations! Your PIN has been reset successfully.
You can now login back to your HDFC netbanking using your customer ID and the new password.
HDFC Net Banking Menu Transactions
You can perform a range of financial and non-financial transactions through HDFC NetBanking. Such of the transactions are:
- You can view your Account balance
- You can view your Account statement
- You can enquire about cheque status
- You can Request for a statement
- You can Request for a cheque book
- You can View your Fixed Deposit details
- Download your Fixed Deposit Advise online.
- View your TDS details
- View your Demat Account
- Update your profile
- View HDFC Bank Credit Card details
- View your Mutual Funds portfolio
- Update your PAN details Online
- Update/ Hotlist your Debit Card Online
- View Form 26 AS
- View your Loan Account details
- Stop a cheque payment
- Pay your Utility bills
- Request for a demand draft
- Transfer funds between your accounts
- Transfer funds to a third party
- Book a new Fixed Deposit
- Shop Online
- Pay HDFC Bank Credit Card dues
- Buy and sell Mutual Funds
- Invest in IPO online
- Book Recurring Deposit Online
- Book ticket through IRCTC
- Pay your Tax Online
- Recharge your Prepaid Mobile Connection Online
- To view the complete list click here
HDFC Net Banking Menu Functions
Under HDFC net banking, top menu consists of main transaction tabs. You may click on the tab to see the following main screen under that tab.
From the top menu, you may download the HDFC mobile banking App, contact customer care, register SMS Banking and Insta Alerts services.
In the left menu, different transactions grouped under ‘Transact’, ‘Enquire’, and ‘Request’ specific to the tab you have chosen on the top menu.
You may click on the group and see the transactions within.
Let’s begin with the first menu tab ‘Accounts’ on the HDFC net banking Top menu.
Under Accounts tab you can perform transactions related to your Savings, Current, and Deposit Accounts.
You can book new Deposits, Liquidate Deposits, Check Account and Deposit Balances, View Summary, Download Statements, Request for Stop Cheque Payment, and many more.
Let’s explore the left menu connected to the ‘Accounts’ Tab.
Transact – With this set of transactions, you can transfer Funds within your accounts, Open New Deposits, Liquidate Deposits, Purchase Forex Cards, and many more
Enquire – Use this group to view Account Summary, Account Balance, Mini Statement, Download Statements, access mailbox, and many more.
Request – In this group, you will find transactions to request for Account Statement, Cheque Book, Stop Cheque Payment, Email Statement Registration/Deregistration, and more.
Under ‘Fund Transfer’ tab, you can transfer Funds to Third Party, within and outside the Bank, Add Beneficiary, Set/View Standing Instructions, Modify TPT Limit, View List of Beneficiaries added in your account, View Status of RTGS/IMPS Transfers and more.
Let’s explore the left menu of Funds Transfer.
Transact – Within this set of transactions, you may transfer funds to third party, within and outside HDFC.
Enquire – Use this group to View List of Beneficiaries, View Status of RTGS/IMPS Transfers, and more.
Request – In this group, you will find transactions to Add Beneficiary, Set/View Standing Instructions, Modify TPT Limit, and many more.
BillPay & Recharge
Under this tab, you can pay your utility and phone bills, recharge your and you family’s prepaid mobile, DTH connection subscription and recharge, using your account, Debit or Credit Card.
You can set Standing Instructions for your bill payments, thereby not missing any due date again.
Let’s look at the cards tab on the top menu.
You can find information and transaction related to your Credit Cards and Debit Cards under this Cards Tab. You can use this tab to make Credit Card Payments and Redeem Reward Points.
You can view information of your cards, View Unbilled Transactions, View Statements, Hotlist your cards in case you lose them, Upgrade your Debit Card, enhance your Credit Limit, and more.
We will now explore the left menu of the Cards tab. We will first see them for Credit Cards first, and then for Debit Cards.
Transact – With this set of transactions, you can make Credit Cards Payments and Redeem your Reward Points.
Enquire – You may use this group to view information of your Credit Card Account, View Unbilled Transactions, View Statements, and more.
Request – In this group, you can find transactions to request for Register/De-Register a card, Register/De-Register for AutoPay option, Enhancement of Credit Limit, Credit Card PIN and more.
Steps to Register for AutoPay for your Credit Cards
- To register for AutoPay
- Click on the “AutoPay register” link on the left side margin.
- Select the Credit Card number that you want to register for the AutoPay facility and your HDFC Bank account number from which you want your Credit Card payments to be made.
- If you want the full amount of your statement to be paid from your bank account select the “Total amount due” link, and if you want only the minimum amount due (5% of total amount) to be paid, select “Minimum Amount Due”.
- Click on “Continue” and then on “Confirm”.
- A message will be displayed on the screen confirming the successful registration of your Credit Card for AutoPay.
Please note that it takes 7 days to activate the AutoPay facility for your Credit Card account.
If your payment due date is 7 days, or less, away from the date of registration for AutoPay kindly pay your monthly bill through your usual payment mode as AutoPay will only be effective from the next billing cycle.
Transact – With this set of transactions you can do a cashback inquiry and redemption.
Enquire – Use this group to Hotlist your Debit Card in case of loss, also can find out more Debit Card offers.
Request – In this group, you will find transactions to request for PIN Regeneration, Debit Card Upgrade, Modify International limit, and many more.
You can find all your Demat accounts related information right here. In this selection, you can Check Account Status, Holdings Query, View Transaction Statement, View Current Profile, Request for Holdings Statement, and more.
Let’s check the options on the left hand side menu.
Enquire – You can use this group to check Demat Status, Holdings Query, View Transactions Statement, and View current profile.
Request – In this group, you will find transactions to request for settlement calendar Master, Holdings Statement, Statement for Last Quarter, and many more.
- Mutual Fund
You can easily perform Mutual Fund related transactions leveraging this tab at your convenience. You can place order for New Fund Offer, Purchase, Redeem and Investment in Systematic Investment plans, Check Order Status, View Transaction History, and more you can do from here. No need to look out for your Mutual Fund operations and transactions.
Let’s now view the left Menu of the Mutual Fund tab.
Transact – With this set of transactions, you can now place an order for New Fund Offer, Purchase, Redeem, Invest in Systematic Investment Plans, and more.
Enquire – Use this group to check Order Status, View Transaction History, and View Unit Holding Statement.
Request – In this group, you will find transactions to request for Standing Instructions Order status and Revocation.
Select Insurance tab for your General Insurance and Life Insurance needs. In the left menu of the Insurance Tab you can find, ‘General Insurance’ and ‘Buy Renew Life Insurance’.
General Insurance will address your needs for Health Insurance, Critical illness Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Motor Insurance, Two Wheeler Insurance, and Home Insurance.
You may click on ‘Buy or Renew Life Insurance’ to buy or renew your Life Insurance policy, which you will find on the left hand side menu.
Let’s now visit the Loans Tab.
Enquire – Use this group to check Transaction History, Personal Details, Loan Repayment schedule, and more.
Request – In this group, you will find, register a New Loan, De-Register Loan. You can also view Interest Rate Changes.
Under this tab, you can view exciting offers available to you, and make the most of them.
How To Use HDFC Net Banking – Step by Step Guide
This entire section is a dedicated Walkthrough of various functions that you can access leveraging HDFC net banking by logging in to your HDFC net banking account.
How to use ‘Account’ Tab Transactions & Functions
You need to start by clickingon the ‘Accounts’ Tab.
Click on the ‘Account No.’ which will redirect to the respective account details page.
Under the ‘Account No.’ page, to check balance for different account, select the account number from the list and click on View button.
You can view the Mini Statement for the respective account by clicking on the ‘View’ Button on the right side of the row.
This way, you can now check and view your account statement instantly anywhere and anytime.
To view statement for another account for defined period by clicking on the Link “Select another Account/Period”.
You can now view Transactions for the current and previous month. You can download mini statement using this option.
You need to use the option ‘Download Historical Statement’ from the left menu to download statements earlier than one month.
Whenever you are in need of bank statement, you do not need to visit a Bricks & Mortar HDFC branch, you simply need to place a request and your Account Statement to be delivered to your mailing address, at your convenience, using ‘Account Statement’ option in the left menu under ‘Request’ group.
How to Open Fixed Deposit using Net Banking
We will now see how to book a New Deposit. This section is dedicated to demonstrate how to book a Fixed Deposit by logging on to your HDFc net banking account.
- Under the ‘Accounts’ tab on the top menu, on the left-hand side, you will find a link ‘Open Fixed Deposit’.
- FD up to Rs.5 crore can be booked via net banking.
- The options for Booking FD<1Cr. And FD>1Cr. are different, however, the procedure is the same.
- To book a new FD, click on the ‘Open Fixed Deposit’ option from the left-hand menu.
- You need to enter the required details like, From Account, Place of Deposit, Deposit Amount, Nature of Deposit, Maturity Instruction, etc.
- If you want the same Nominee as specified for your Savings Account, then you need to select the ‘Replicate Savings Accounts Nominee’ option.
- You can also specify a new nominee other than the existing savings accounts nominee by selecting ‘Please enter a new nominee name’ option.
- If you choose to add a new nominee, enter the required details for the nominee and click on ‘Continue’.
- Verify the details provided by you on the next screen. If you want, you can click on the link ‘click here to view the nomination form’ to view the nomination details.
- You can save an FD Template so that you do not need to fill all details each time, to book an FD.
- Accept terms & conditions.
- Once you have checked that all details are correct, you need to click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Your FD hereby is successfully booked.
- FD advice can also be viewed immediately downloaded by clicking on the link ‘Download Deposit Advice (PDF Format)’.
- The booked FD can be immediately viewed in the ‘FD Summary’ on the left side menu.
- You can also open FD>1 Cr. by clicking on the option ‘Open Fixed Deposit > Rs. 1 Cr.’.
- Next, in the left menu, by clicking on ‘Open Recurring Deposit’, you can also open a recurring deposit.
- By clicking on ‘Liquidate Fixed Deposit’, you can liquidate your FD.
How to Add Beneficiary using Net Banking
This section will tell you how you can add beneficiary and link them to your HDFC net banking account.
- Under ‘Fund Transfer’ tab on the Top Menu, you can find the option of ‘Add Beneficiary’ option on the left hand side. Click on ‘Add Beneficiary.
- On the next screen, the first option is ‘Transfer Within Bank’. Proceed with beneficiary addition by clicking the ‘Go’ button below from the respective type of bank account transfer.
- On the ‘Add Beneficiary’ screen next, Enter Beneficiary Account no, Re-enter Beneficiary account no, Nick Name, verify the details and follow authentication process.
- Click on ‘Add’ button below and confirm the details by clicking on ‘Confirm’.
- Next, you need to enter the OTP sent on your registered mobile no. Click on ‘Continue’ button.
- You will receive a message that the beneficiary addition is complete and you will be able to transfer funds only when beneficiary is successfully activated.
- You will receive a message when the new beneficiary is activated from the bank.
- To view the status of your beneficiary addition request, you need to click on “View Beneficiary List” that you will find in the left menu.
How to ‘Fund Transfer’ using Net Banking
Select the type of transfer of from below types:
- Transfer within a Bank
Transfer Funds instantly to any beneficiary within HDFC Bank, for no charges.
- Instant Transfers to other Bank (IMPS – IFSC Code)
You can instantly transfer money through IMPS by using Account number and IFSC code of the beneficiary, any time, any day, even on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Per transaction limit is Rs.2 lakhs.
- Transfer to Other bank/Credit Card (NEFT)
Transfer funds to any non HDFC Bank account or Credit Card.
- Transfer to other bank (RTGS)
Transfer funds to any non HDFC Bank Account. If you want to transfer funds to other non HDFC bank account without any waiting period then choose this option.
- Instant Transfer to other bank using (IMPS – MMID)
Using this option, You can now instantly transfer money without knowing the beneficiary’s account number. Limit of transfer using MMID and mobile number (without account number) of the beneficiary is Rs.5000 per day.
- Transfer to eCMS account
If you are transferring money/funds to a virtual account, then you need to select this mode of transfer.
For all the above types of transfers, you need to click on the ‘Go’ button to proceed with the transfer of the respective type.
Steps to Transfer Funds to Another Bank Account
Click on ‘Go’ below this option of fund transfer.
Select the From/To account, Enter the amount, enter description, and continue.
You will receive the message that you have successfully completed money transfer.
BillPay and Recharge Processes
BillPay is a one-stop solution for all your bill payment needs. In the section we will show how you can register for DTH Connection/Prepaid Mobile recharge.
When you select ‘BillPay and recharge’ tab from the menu, and click on ‘Continue’ button below, a new window will open while your netbanking session will still remain active.
Steps for Prepaid Mobile/DTH Registration
On this page you will have 3 options to choose from:
- Register New Biller
- Prepaid Mobile/Data Card registration for recharge
- DTH Registration for Recharge
For Prepaid Mobile/data Card recharge, you need to click on ‘Prepaid Mobile/Data Card registration for recharge’.
For DTH recharge, you need to click on ‘DTH registration for recharge’.
Both DTH and Mobile Registration/Recharge processes are same, so we will show the steps of prepaid mobile recharge.
Click on the service option you want to register for.
Provide the details, such as Mobile operator name, your mobile number, your bank account number, and you need to click on ‘Register Now’ button.
You will receive a message that you have successfully completed the registration.
Steps for Prepaid Mobile/DTH Recharge
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button on the page to begin the prepaid recharge process.
- Next, you need to select ‘Mobile/Data Card Recharge’ from the options on the left-hand side.
- If you want to recharge DTH, click the ‘DTH Recharge’ option from the options on the left-hand side. This process is the same as prepaid mobile recharge.
- Enter your recharge amount and select the payment mode from the dropdown list next to it.
- You need to click on ‘Recharge Now’, and click on ‘Confirm’.
- The next page will confirm that you have successfully recharged your mobile.
Cards Tab – Features and Functions
Cards tab will display the summary of all your Credit Cards.
You need to click on the Card Number to view card information.
In case of multiple cards, you can select another credit card number to view its details.
You can click on the ‘View’ button to view unbilled transactions.
Steps to make HDFC Credit Card Payment
- Select ‘Credit Card Payment’ in the left menu under ‘Transact’.
- You can make Credit Card Payment for both registered and unregistered HDFC Bank Credit Card. You need to select which type of card you want to make payment for and click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter the required details of the credit Card, such as Credit Card Number. You may choose to pay the amount, from one of the three options, such as Last Statement balance, Minimum amount due , or any Other amount.
- Verify the details entered and click on ‘Confirm’.
- Your Credit Card payment has been submitted.
Steps to view Debit Card Status
- In the Debit Card section of the Cards Tab, you will be able to see the summary of all your Debit Cards.
- On the left side the option ‘ Debit Card Status’ will let you view the status of all the Debit Cards linked to your customer ID.
Steps to Upgrade your Debit Card
- You Need to select the option ‘Debit Card Upgrade’ from the left menu options for the Debit Card which are eligible for upgrade.
- You need to click on the Card Number that you want to Upgrade.
- Select the type you want to upgrade to, i.e., Platinum Debit Card/Jet Privilege Card. Next, Click ‘confirm’ to proceed.
- This is how you will place a request to upgrade your card.
Upgrade Contact Details Using HDFC Net Banking
- You need to login to your net banking Account.
- Next, you need to click on the ’Update Contact Details’ tab and select ‘Update Address’ from the left menu.
- Scan any suitable copy of any stipulated admissible address proof as per the bank.
- You need to click on Add, Verify, and upload your document.
- That’s done!
- Your address will be automatically updated in your account when your address proof document is duely verified by the bank.
- You can even update your email ID, landline number through netbanking, the same way.
Net Banking Pricing & Charges
HDFC Net Banking Charges
Effective 15 November, 2010; RTGS transactions on NetBanking are charged as below:
- Rs. 2 lac – Rs. 5 lac is Rs. 25 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
- Above Rs. 5 lac is Rs. 50 (inclusive of taxes) per transaction
Note: RTGS transfers can be done for amounts exceeding Rs. 2,00,000 only whereas for NEFT there are no such amount restrictions.
|Amount Limit||Charges for Internet banking||Transaction charges at branch|
|Up to Rs 10,000||Rs 1 plus GST||Rs 2.50 plus GST|
|More than Rs.10,000 and up to Rs 1 lakh||Rs 2 plus GST||Rs 5 plus GST|
|Above Rs 1 lakh to Rs 2 lakh||Rs 3 plus GST||Rs 15 plus GST|
|More than Rs 2 lakh||Rs 5 plus GST||Rs 25 plus GST|
RTGS HDFC Net Banking Charges
|Amount Limit||Charges for Internet banking||Transaction charges at branch|
|From Rs 2 lakh and up to Rs 5 lakh||Rs 5 plus GST||Rs 25 plus GST|
|Above Rs 5 lakh||Rs 10 plus GST||Rs 50 plus GST|
HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App
With HDFC Bank Mobile App, you can now get what an awesome and easy-to-understand Mobile Banking app of HDFC Bank can offer, simply #BankTheWayYouLive!
Bank customers love banking at the fingertips. They love doing transactions, view statements, and applying for new loans/deposits on their mobile.
If you live a mobile life, you would not like to settle for anything less as far as your banking is concerned.
For all the above and much more, HDFC Bank brought in the all-new Mobile banking App, with the highest level security.
HDFC brings Mobile banking to cater to your everyday banking, financial, and investment needs.
HDFC Bank brings in a new era of mobile banking by putting all the services directly in to your mobile, ensuring that you can truly live the life you want to live, #BankTheWayYouLive.
Starting from sending money via UPI to paying bills and managing accounts, bills and investments, all in one place and all possible in HDFC Mobile Banking App.
Even investing in Fixed and Recurring Deposits are now available at your fingertips leveraging the mobile app.
Pay, Save, and Invest are the broad categories that HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App provides services under.
These features with many more add on make it the go to Mobile Banking App for all your banking, investment, and financial needs.
HDFC Mobile Banking App Features
- Access your HDFC Bank MobileBanking App via fingerprint sensor mapped only to you, thus ensure Quick and Secure Log-In, with multi-level authentication for every transaction this app is extremely secure.
- With All-in-One View, the App provides a single view dashboard of all your accounts & product holdings with HDFC Bank. You can check the available balance in your Account, Credit Card, FD/RD, and pay utility bills due.
- You can add your transactions to ‘Favourites’.
- Leveraging Automatic Payments (AutoPay), now you do not need to bother about due dates any longer. You can link your Credit Cards to manage them all in one place.
- Swipe to Block feature allows you to block your card instantly in case you have lost your Credit or Debit Card. Simply go to the HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App to hotlist the card.
- If you want to get in touch with the Relationship Manager of your HDFC bank account HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App will come handy with just one tap!
Register using HDFC Mobile Banking App
Download the HDFC Bank Mobile banking App from Play store or Appstore. The app is compatible with both Android and Apple Mobiles.
- If already downloaded, open the App on your mobile.
- On the next screen, enter the Customer ID and Password to login.
**Please note that at the time opening your HDFC bank Account, you receive a Welcome Kit which will contain your customer ID and Internet PIN to Login for the first time which you need to change after your first login.
- Enter the details and click on Login.
- Next, you need to enter the Old Password, New Password, and confirm the new Password by re-entering.
- Next, you need to click on ‘Confirm’.
- Your password has been registered successfully and now you need to logging in back with the newly set password.
HDFC Mobile Banking App Features & Functions
Download the HDFC Bank Mobile banking App from Play store or Appstore. The app is compatible with both Android and Apple Mobiles.
- If already downloaded, open the App on your mobile.
- You will be asked to enter the Customer ID and Password to log in.
- Enter your credentials and click on ‘Login’.
- You will be able to see your Account Balance after logging in.
- To see the details of your account and transactions, click on the right arrow.
- You can see your recent Transactions.
- If you click on ‘Show Account Details’ you can see your account details, nominee name, IFSC code, and MMID code.
- If you scroll down, you will be able to see the statement details, recent transactions date wise.
- If you further scroll down, you will see the ‘Actions’ options that include:
- Open Fixed Deposit
- Open Recurring Deposit
- Open Tax Saver Deposit
- Manage Alerts
- Request Cheque Books
- More Actions
1. Open Fixed Deposits
If you click on ‘Open Fixed Deposits’, you can open FD right from your home/office and using your savings account.
You need to enter the mode to ‘Receive Interest’, amount (Minimum amount is Rs.5000), and Duration, and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed with your FD Deposit opening.
2. Recurring Deposit
The opening of RD is similar to the opening of FD as described above.
3. Open Tax Saver Deposit
Same way as above, you can open a Tax Saver Deposit.
4. Manage Alerts
Leveraging this option, you can set up the mode in which mode you want to receive alerts, whether in email, or via SMS, or both.
You can receive Alert for Salary Credit, Credit above set amount for transaction above a pre-set amount, Debit above set amount and many more.
You can also set Alerts for below actions:
- Periodic Balance Check
- Balance Change
- Balance Below Set Amount
- Cheque Bounce
- Limit change
5. Request Cheque Book
You can place a request to get cheque book(s) in case your cheque book is exhausted.
6. Download Deposit Slips
You can download Deposit slips from here for your future reference.
7. Favourites Tab
You can Use ‘Favourites’ tab to add Transactions to your Favourites. Next time you want to find your favourite transactions, just go to the Favourites Tab and find them all for you at your fingertips.
8. Standard Menu Bar
If you click on the three dots, the menu will open up on the left of the screen.
If you want to pay a beneficiary, you pay via UPI Payment. Monet Transfer, Cards. You can also recharge, Bill Pay, Cheque Payment via this option.
Under the Pay > Cards options, you can see your Debit Card here. You can also Register Credit card from here, Pay other Credit Card Bills, Purchase Forex card, Reload Forex Card.
You can check your Savings Account Deposits using this option.
You can create a Demat account for your investment needs. You can also invest in Mutual Funds from this option.
From this option you can apply for Personal Loan, Gold Loan, Car Loan, Two Wheeler Loan, Home Loan, and Digital Loans against your Mutual Funds.
- Your Profile
You can set your profile from this option. You can set Personal profile, Manage Alerts, Tax, Security settings, and feedback, etc. Under Security Settings, you can change your Password/PIN for login, change default quick login method and 4digit PIN, and enable Fingerprint login method, Change Credit & Debit Cards PINS.
HDFC Net Banking Branches
You can locate the nearest HDFC Branch/ATM using the HDFC Bank’s ‘Locate Us’ facility.
You can find the location by narrowing down it by State, City, Locality or you can further refine your search using the ‘Search Radius’ option.
HDFC Net Banking Customer Care
HDFC Bank Customer Care Phone Banking Numbers in India
|Toll Free||1860 267 6161 / 022-6160 6161|
|Delhi and NCR||011 61606161|
HDFC Bank promotes various internet banking features to help and ease out the banking experience of the HDFC Bank account holders.
Leveraging HDFC Net Banking you can view your account balance, account activity, account details, un-cleared fund details, cheque status, and current exchange rates.
You can transfer funds between your accounts or third party accounts maintained within HDFC Bank, or with any other Bank which participates in RBI NEFT/RTGS/IMPS scheme, open a Fixed/Recurring deposit, check the Fixed/Recurring Deposit rates over various tenures & amounts, set up standing instruction online to transfer funds between your own accounts, third party accounts or through Banker’s Cheques.
Your request for a cheque book, give stop cheque payment request, download account statement for the financial or calendar year, for a month or a specific period.
You can do online shopping on merchants’ websites using HDFC Net Banking. You can even leverage the power of HDFC mobile banking to enjoy banking at your fingertips. Shopping gets easier on HDFC Mobile Banking App.
Moreover, with HDFC net banking around, you are saved from visiting the bricks and mortar bank branches if you are on HDFC net banking or using the HDFC mobile banking app.
The major point of our HDFC net banking review is that if you are looking for the best and incomparable cutting edge net banking platform that will offer you value for your money then HDFC net banking is highly recommended.
HDFC Net Banking FAQs
Q1. When will I receive my changed ATM PIN?
You will receive your new ATM PIN by post within 10 days from when your request has been submitted.
Q2. Can I get my newly generated PIN online?
HDFC does not support providing PIN online over Internet or over phone for security reasons. HDFC ensures that they send your ATM PIN only by post to your registered communication address to be handed over to you.
Q3. How do I check the IFSC of the receiving branch?
Just ask your beneficiary to get the IFSC from his or her branch. They can also find it in their cheque book – the IFSC is in the cheque leaf.
Q4. If the money is not credited successfully, will the remitting customer get the funds back?
With RTGS, the receiving bank should credit the account of the beneficiary instantly. If for some reason the money cannot be credited, the receiving bank has to return the money to the remitting bank within 1 hour. As soon as the money is returned, the original debit entry in the customer’s account is reversed.
Q5. Where can I open a new Fixed Deposit?
You can open a Fixed Deposit in any nearest HDFC Bank branches. You can also open Fixed Deposits through NetBanking provided: You have registered for the facility with necessary online financial transaction rights, Your PAN number is updated under your Customer Identification Number in Bank’s records.
Following are the steps for booking your Fixed Deposit online: Access your NetBanking account with your Customer ID and IPIN (NetBanking Password). Select “Open New Fixed Deposit” option under the Fixed Deposit menu from the Menu bar located on the left-hand side of the web page.
Select the desired values from the Drop-down lists. Once complete, click on “Continue” and “Confirm” the details entered. A new web page, confirming the Fixed Deposit booking will be displayed.
Q6. How Can I get a Physical Advice for my FD?
Physical advices will not be sent for Fixed Deposits booked through Net Banking. An electronic mail advice will be sent to you on your registered e-mail Id within 2 working days. The password for your Fixed Deposit Advice will be your Customer ID.
Q7. How can I view My FD?
At any point, if you wish to check your FD holdings, the same may be viewed on the Fixed Deposit summary page on Net banking. In case you wish to have a physical advice, you can download the same from the FD summary page on net banking.
Q8. How do I register for TPT (Third Party Transfer) services online?
You can register for TPT (Third Party Transfer) services online by following the below steps. Step 1: Login to NetBanking using Cust ID & password, Step 2: Click on the TPT tab and ‘Register Now’, Step 3: Select the Debit Card and enter the Debit Card details, Step 4: Confirm their mobile number and enter the OTP (One Time Password) which they have received on their registered mobile number. In case you are not registered for Secure Access you will be asked to register for it by selecting 5 Challenge Questions, Image and a Message/ Customers can also fill up a TPT application form and submit it to the nearest HDFC Bank Branch along with a self-attested copy of Photo ID proof. They need to carry the original Photo ID for verification. If your form is in order, the TPT facility will get activated within 4 working days from the date of receipt of your request.
Q9. Will I be charged to book a Demand Draft online?
There are some charges. Courier charges for delivery of the Demand Draft, are applicable.
Q10. What is the process for IPIN (password) Regeneration?
You can instantly reset your NetBanking password (IPIN) by following the below steps: Enter your Customer ID, Select one of the two methods for authenticating the transaction, OTP on registered mobile number and Debit Card details(PIN and expiry date), OTP sent to your registered mobile number and email id (not applicable for Resident senior citizen customers), Input the details requested, Set your IPIN, Login to NetBanking using your newly set IPIN, Click here to know more about OTP.
Q11. How can I block my NetBanking?
You can use the PhoneBanking by calling customer care. You can report to our PhoneBanking customer care to block the NetBanking facility for your account. This facility is available round the clock. Simultaneously, you may also place a request for new IPIN. Alternatively, you can visit the Branch. An application form to block your NetBanking can be obtained at your nearest branch, or you can download it here and submit it at the nearest branch to block your NetBanking.