Axis Direct aka Axis Securities Limited (ASL) is the subsidiary brand of Axis Bank Ltd and the internal part of Axis Group. In detail, Axis Direct is the Stockbrokerage operation arm of Axis Bank and was came into existence in the year 2005 as a full-service broker.
Mr. Arun Thukral is the CEO and Managing Director of Axis Direct.
Nonetheless, the brokerage firm Axis Direct managed to place more than 73 offline branches across India. They are planning to grab the offline space by introducing more offline branches.
Well, if you are more interested in becoming a partner with Axis Direct then there is a feature called Axis Direct Franchise for you.
In Addition, Axis Direct is India’s one of the biggest full-service stockbroker holding the highest numbers of active investors. Presently Axis Direct holds around 4lacs plus active members, which is definitely not a small number I guess.
As known Axis Direct is the subsidiary brokerage firm of the Axis Bank Direct. It provides the users with the facility of 3 in 1 Account including Bank Account, Trading Account and DEMAT Account.
It makes the overall fund transfer a hassle-free smooth process.
The Full Service Stock Broker holds active memberships with MSEI, BSE, MCX-SX, and NSE.
It allows the trader to place orders from all trade exchanges including all financial segments mentioned below:
- Equity Trading
- Currency Trading
- Mutual Funds Investments
- Derivative Trading
- Axis DEMAT Account
- Commodity Trading
- Portfolio Management System via Axis PMS
Axis Direct Trading Software And Platforms
The bank based stockbroker offers various multiple trading options and platforms to its clients when compared with other premium stock brokers.
Axis Direct excels in providing best suited optimized trading platforms for superb user experience and trading patterns.
This Axis Direct review we will discuss the important accepts of all the trading platforms offered by Axis Direct:
1. Axis Direct Swift Trade – A Web-Based Trading Platform
Axis Direct Swift Trade is the official Web-based trading platform from Axis Direct. It offers Hassle-free trading by eliminating the download and installation process. All you need to open the trading link using your favorite Web browser.
Some of the best features of Swift trade are:
- Multiple market Watch Lists facility
- Research reports and trade tips available
- The user can personalize the trading dashboard and the screen as per trading patterns and preferences.
- The trading platform comes embedded with trade shortcut keys for one-tap quick order placements and other features too.
- It allows the user to trade in axis bluechip fund direct plan growth.
- It offers the same performance on all devices whether it’s a Smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Real-time reports and information to help the user to keep updated with plenty of trading data.
- It represents the data and tables in the most simplified and organized card view pattern.
- It is filled with trade quizzes, calculators, webinars and videos to offer the FUN-TASTIC Trade Learning feature.
- Keep checking your latest trade news, the terminal will automatically notify you when any trade of choice appears in the list.
2. Axis Direct Trade – A Desktop Based Trading Terminal
Axis Direct trade is the official Desktop-based trading platform. It comes with a downloadable .exe file and the user needs to install it on to his/her laptop or computer.
This offers a very smooth trading experience with a very flexible and portable trading platform that can be used from anywhere.
Some System pre-requisite needed to install the Axis Direct Trade:
- Operating System – Minimum Windows 7 or Above (32bit or 64 bit)
- Processor – Minimum Dual Core Processor is recommended
- All admin rights are needed in order to install the given .exe setup file.
- RAM Requirements – Minimum of 4GB or more
- Internet Connectivity with a minimum speed of 60 Kbps
- Microsoft(R) .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is needed
Some Loaded Trading features of Axis Direct Trade:
- The Search bar feature allows the user to sort and discover specific tradable stocks as per the user’s needs and preferences.
- The platform offers all features at one place like the Latest trade news, market analysis reports, information on the indices, currency rates, etc.
- The application is very easy to navigate and offers a clutter-free user experience for hassle-free trading.
- The platform includes trading tutorials and videos in a very interesting way.
- It allows the trader with axis long term equity fund direct growth.
- The user can customize multiple trade notifications and alerts as per trading style and preferences.
- Live market rates streaming for mast trade placements
- Enjoy the speed trading by keyboard shorts for selling, buying, order book, market depth, and Trade book.
3. Axis Direct App – A Mobile-Based Trading Application
Axis Direct App is the official Mobile based trading application from Axis Direct. It is available on both Android and iOS platforms. The new Axis Direct App offers a quick, easy and extremely convenient trading platform to stick with the top charts of the market.
Here are some key features of Axis Direct App:
- Track market reports for both lows and highs
- Real-time market streaming quotes
- Keep updated with past investment stats
- The application includes the axis bluechip fund direct growth facility.
- Customized watch list streaming with multiple chart creation options
- Allows the user to access intraday charts to track market movements
- Place off Market Orders when the market is off
- Check availability for limits and the total margin on your account.
Axis Direct Research Report And Advisory Trading Tips
The full-service bank based brokerage firm offers research reports and analysis with trade recommendations at multiple trade levels.
No matter whether an investor is looking for a long term investment plan or any short quick profitable investment. The broker manages to offer multiple trade tips and research reports via different channels.
Moreover, Axis Direct specifically divides the research reports into 3 different levels.
Axis Direct – Research Ideas
In this case, the investor will be provided with unique ides ranging from intraday trading to long term investment policies followed by technical analyzed reports. It also comes with some accurate recommendations to buy sell or accumulate. Some of them include:
- Daily accurate investment ideas with verified strategies
- Best trading ideas and recommendations as per the user’s trading preference.
- Investments in mutual funds schemes via the expert team of Axis Direct.
- Being a trader if you are interested in investing in SIPs then considering the SIP ideas and reports offered by Axis Direct are best suited for you.
Axis Direct – Research Reports
In this section, the user will get detailed research reports across all multiple trading segments covering some trading aspects like macros and microeconomic news, top investments picks, the detailed technical view among all the trade segments, trade derivatives, disclosure and many more.
- Additional Investment reports for better trade stability
- Specific trading reports based on scrips and stocks available.
- The best combination of mutual fund schemes with research reports for the negligible risk factor.
- The team also offers the best sector and economy reports.
Axis Direct – DIY Research
The Full-service broker offers its clients with a handful of tools so that they can check and create their own trade research reports. It includes both the technical and fundamental reports analysis as mentioned in the list.
- Alert Engines
- Technical and fundamental charting
In total, Axis Direct offers best in class research services from multiple avenues to its investors for best research and analysis with a higher accuracy rate.
But it always recommended that to perform the trade analysis at a parallel level with validated recommendations offered by the Axis Direct official expert team. However, the overall quality of research the broker offers is best in generating good profitable returns.
Axis Direct Customer Care, Support and Office Addresses
Being a full-Service Brokerage firm Backed By Axis Bank Ltd, Axis Direct allows its customers to communicate via multiple support channels like axis direct customer care number toll-free number, etc. Here are a few of them mentioned below:
- Via Email Support
- Over Phone
- Assistance Via Toll-Free Number
- Social Media Support
- Web Form Assistance
- Support From Offline Branches
Customer Care Numbers, Addresses, and E-Mail ids.
|Main Office Address||Unit No. 2,Phoenix Market City,15, LBS Road,Near Kamani Junction,Kurla (West),Mumbai- 400 070.|
|All Products and Trading related Queries||022-40508080 and 022-61480808|
|For Trading Queries||[email protected]|
|For DEMAT Related Queries||022-68515400|
|Email Id for DEMAT Related Queries||[email protected]|
|Customer Support Timings||Monday to Friday: 8.45 AM – 5.30 PM IST|
Saturday: 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM IST
(1st, 3rd, and 5th)
|Commodities and Currency trading||[email protected]|
|For NRI Customers||[email protected]|
Axis Direct Customer Ratings
In the given table we have mentioned the ratings of Axis Direct. However, all the ratings are finalized after analyzing the Customer feedback and suggestions.
|Fees||4.5 out of 10.0|
|Usability||5.2 out of 10.0|
|Brokerage Charges||4.0 out of 10.0|
|Customer Services||4.9 out of 10.0|
|Research Capabilities||9.8 out of 10.0|
|Over All Rating||4.4 out of 10.0|
Axis Direct Prices and Charges
1. Axis Direct Account Opening Charges
The Account opening Charges of Axis Direct are mentioned below:
|Segments||Charges For Opening Account|
|Trading Account – One Time||Rs. 999/-|
|DEMAT Account – One Time||NIL|
|AMC for Trading Account||NIL|
|AMC for DEMAT Account||Rs. 650/- per annum|
From the table above tell that Axis Direct Charges Rs. 999 for opening Trading Account but the opening charge of DEMAT Account is totally free of cost.
The AMC for DEMAT Account is Rs.650 whereas the AMC for Trading Account is not chargeable.
2. Axis Direct Brokerage Charges and Plans
Axis Direct Percentage Based Brokerage
Detailed information about the percentage-based brokerage plan.
|Trade Segments||Percentage Based Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs. 100/Lot|
|Currency Options||Rs. 100/Lot|
The brokerage charges of Axis Direct are on the higher side but considering its quality of services it is manageable.
So let’s dig deep into the charges in detail. The broker charges 0.5% for Equity delivery and 0.05% for Equity futures, Equity intraday, and Currency futures. Lastly, the broker charges Rs.100/Lot for Equity and Currency options.
Axis Direct Flat Rate Brokerage
The details about the Axis Direct’s India Trade @20 Plan given below.
|Trade Segments||Flat Rate Brokerage Charge|
|Equity Intraday||Rs. 20/Executed Order|
|Equity Options||Rs.20/Executed Order|
|Equity Delivery||Rs. 20/Executed Order|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 20/Executed Order|
|Commodity Futures||Rs.25/Executed Order|
|Currency Futures||Rs. 20/Executed Order|
|Currency Options||Rs. 50/Lot|
Before opting for this India Trade @ 20 Plan the trader needs to maintain a minimum margin amount of Rs. 75,000 in your Axis Bank Account or needs to pay monthly Subscription charge of Rs 250. On activation of the flat rate brokerage Plan, the user will be levied with Rs.20 flat fee for each executed order.
3. Axis Direct Transaction Charges
Well, the charges mentioned above are more focused charges a trader imposes while trading but we can’t ignore the transaction charges levied by the broker. Here are the details of certain transaction charges of Axis Direct.
|Trade Segments||Transaction Charges|
|Equity Futures||0.05% of Premium Turnover|
|Currency Futures||0.05% of Premium Turnover|
|Equity Options||0.05% of Premium Turnover|
The financial firm charges 0.05% of Premium Turnover as a transaction charge for Equity Futures, Equity Options, and Currency futures. For Equity Intraday and Equity Delivery, it is 0.00325% and lastly 0.06000% for Currency Options.
4. Axis Direct Other Charges
Axis Direct imposes some other hidden charges from its clients which are not mentioned clearly.
|Segments||Other Hidden Charges|
|Axis Direct Least Brokerage Charges||Rs. 20/ Trade|
|Call And Trade Services||Rs. 20/ Call|
|Modification Charge For Brokerage plan||Rs. 500 /Quarter|
|Maintenance Charge Of Trade 20 Plan |
For Non-Axis Bank Users
|Rs. 250/ Month|
|Gateway Charges For Non-Axis Bank Users||Rs. 9/Transfer|
The charges include call and trade charges of Rs.20/ call, Rs. 500 for brokerage plan modification, account maintenance charges of Rs. 250 per month for non-Axis Account holders and lastly the Gateway charges of Rs.9 per transfer.
Axis Direct Margin and Exposure
The margin and leverage Axis Direct offers to its clients across all trading segments.
|Trade Segments||Margin and Leverage|
|Equity intraday||Margin up to 10 times|
|Equity Delivery||No margin for Delivery (100% or 1x)|
|Currency Futures||No exposure offered (100% or 1x)|
|Equity Futures||No Margin offered (100% or 1x)|
|Currency Options||No Leverage by the broker (100% or 1x)|
|Commodity Options||No Margin (100% or 1x)|
|Equity Options||No Leverage offered (100% or 1x)|
|Commodity Futures||Leverage of 3 times is allowed|
If you are someone who wants to trade with high trading exposure then Axis Direct will really disappoint you.
When talking about the Equity Intraday the broker avails up to 10 times margin and offers up to 3 times the exposure in case of Commodity Futures.
Whereas for Equity Delivery, Currency Futures, Equity Futures, Currency Options, Commodity Options, and Equity Options the brokerage firm offers no leverage at all.
Axis Direct Comparison with its Closest Competitor.
Axis Direct Comparison With Closet Discount Brokers
|Service Type||Full-Service Brokerage Firm||Online Discount Stock Broker||Online Discount Stock Broker||Online Discount Stock Broker|
|Brokerage Range||The ranges lie between 0.05% to 0.5%||A fixed charge of Rs. 10||A fixed charge of Rs. 20||A fixed charge of Rs. 20|
|Account Type||3 in 1 account (includes a bank, DEMAT, and Trading)||2 in 1 (Trading and DEMAT)||2 in 1 (Trading and DEMAT)||2 in 1 (Trading and DEMAT)|
|Equity Delivery||Rs. 0.50 or 0.5%||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 0||Rs. 0 or no charge|
|Equity Intraday||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||Fixed charge of Rs. 10||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)|
|Equity options||Fixed charge of Rs. 10||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)|
|Commodity||For Options – Rs 50 / LotFor Futures – 0.03% or Rs. 0.03||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)|
|Currency futures||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)||Rs. 20 or 0.01% (lowest will be preferred)|
|Currency options||Fixed charge of Rs. 20||Rs. 10 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)||Rs. 20 (Fixed)|
|Rating||3.6 out of 5||4.0 out of 5||4.3 out of 5||4.3 out of 5|
Axis Direct Comparison with Closet Full Service Broker.
|Broker||Axis Direct||Sharekhan Online Trading||Angel broking online trade||Edelweiss financial service Ltd|
|Service Type||Full-Service Brokerage Firm||The financial firm offers full-service broking||The financial firm offers full-service broking||The financial firm offers full-service broking|
|Brokerage Range||The ranges lie between 0.05% to 0.5%||The percentage ranging from 0.10 percent to 0.50 percent based on trade order||Varies from Rs. 15 to Rs.30 depending upon the segment||Varies from Rs. 10 to 0.5% depending upon the segment|
|Account Type||3 in 1 account (includes a bank, DEMAT, and Trading)||2 in 1 (Trading and DEMAT)||2 in 1(Trading and DEMAT)||2 in 1 (Trading and DEMAT)|
|Equity Delivery||Rs. 0.50 or 0.5%||0.5% or 50 paise (lowest will be considered)||If under Rs. 50,000 then Rs. 15 will be chargedIf above Rs. 50,000 then Rs. 30 will be charged||Rs.10 or 0.01% (lowest will be considered)|
|Equity Intraday||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||0.1% or 10 paise (lowest will be considered)||If under Rs. 50,000 then Rs. 15 will be chargedIf above Rs. 50,000 then Rs. 30 will be charged||Rs.10 or 0.01% (lowest will be considered)|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||0.1% or 10 paisa (lowest will be considered)||Rs. 30 (fixed Charge)||Rs.10 or 0.01% (lowest will be considered)|
|Equity options||A fixed charge of Rs. 10||Rs. 250 only or 2.5 percent of the premium (higher value will be considered)||Rs. 30 (fixed Charge)||Rs. 10 (fixed Charge)|
|Commodity||For Options – Rs 50 / LotFor Futures – 0.03% or Rs. 0.03||The charge varies from 0.1 percent or Rs. 0.10 (lowest will be considered)||Rs. 30 (fixed Charge)||Not Applicable|
|Currency futures||Rs. 0.05 or 0.05%||0.1% or Rs. 0.10 (lowest will be considered)||Rs. 30 (fixed Charge)||Rs.10 or 0.01% (lowest will be considered)|
|Currency options||A fixed charge of Rs. 20||Rs. 250 only or 2.5 percent of the premium (higher value will be considered)||Rs. 30 (fixed Charge)||Rs. 10 (fixed charge)|
|Rating||3.6 out of 5||4.0 out of 5||4.3 out of 5||4.1 out of 5|
Axis Direct Complaints received at BSE/NSE
Here is the detailed information about the number of complaints raised by the clients against Axis Direct regarding issues with trading. The complaints got registered with BSE and NSE for resolution.
|Exchange||Financial Year||Number of Clients *||Total Complaints **|
Axis Direct Advantages And Disadvantages
Axis Direct Advantages
- Being a bank based stockbroker Axis Direct offers 3 in 1 account facilities to its clients.
- Offers fast hassle-free fund transfer facilities
- The full-service stockbroker provides highly optimized and powerful trading platforms and tools.
- The broker charges both percentage and flat rate brokerage charges.
- The quality of Research reports and trade recommendations are very much accurate and profitable.
- Axis Direct comes with the “Funtastic Learning” Program, it includes Free Seminars, Webinars, Tutorials and users for effective trade Training.
- The brokerage firm comes loaded with multiple trading and investment products and segments.
Axis Direct Disadvantages
- The user needs to pay a certain amount of charge for using the Desktop-based trading platform. Whereas the Web-based portal and the Mobile Based trading app is totally free of cost.
- The account opening and Annual Maintenance charges are on the higher side.
- The exposure is very less when compared with other full-service brokers.
Though Axis Direct is India’s one of the most premium full-service stockbroker with some heavy charges when taking its Account opening brokerage charges under consideration. Thus most users think multiple times before choosing Axis Direct as their primary broker.
However, the financial firm offers the best quality customer services and best-organized research reports with the best trade suggestion.
Moreover Axis Direct is best for those who want to grab the best research reports without worrying about the higher brokerage charges.
Or else you may opt for another option by choosing the cheapest discount and hire an experienced financial advisor for accurate trade placements.
This option might work best for you by saving your pennies and allow you to grab the best return from the investment. Lastly, the decision varies from a person and its trading pattern.
Q1. Does Axis Direct provide SIP Ideas to its clients?
Ans. Yes, Axis Direct Provides SIP Ideas to its clients.
Q2. Is there any margin Axis Direct offers for Equity intraday?
Ans. Up to 10 times the margin is offered by Axis Direct.
Q3. Is there any margin Axis Direct offers for Equity Delivery?
Ans. No margin is offered by Axis Direct for Equity Delivery.
Q4. Is there any margin Axis Direct offers for Equity options?
Ans. No margin is offered by Axis Direct for Equity Options.
Q5. Is there any margin Axis Direct offers for Commodity Options?
Ans. No margin is offered by Axis Direct for Commodity Options.