Page Contents Table
Launched in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh in 2005, Astha Trade is currently one of the top discount brokerage firms in India. It provides quality services to over 100 cities in India and provides seamless online trade services to its members.
The investors prefer to open Astha Trade demat account due to several reasons and receiving highest margin exposure here is just one of them.
Astha Trade was granted the Extra mile achievement award during the 2019 MCC awards and it enjoys a stellar reputation of providing high-quality services to the customers.
Some of the reasons you might prefer opening an Astha Trade demat account are:
- Astha Trade provides call and trade options free of cost to its users
- In case of auto square off on intraday trades, no charges apply
- Easy to set up a trading platform/ app
- One can earn money via the company’s refer and earn feature
- High-quality customer support teams are available to solve all your grievances promptly and answer all your queries effectively.
|For the Basic plan:|
How to Open Demat Account in Astha Trade
For trading in shares or commodities, opening a Demat account is essential. And while there are hundreds of brokerage firms with whom you can open your demat account, not each one is worth your time, money or efforts.
But Astha Trade is different. It believes in simplifying the complex financial jargon for its users so that trading doesn’t have to be so complicated.
And the same holds true while opening an Astha Trade Demat account. Opening a demat account here is some process.
The account is opened online so you don’t have to visit the company’s branch office which saves your time significantly.
Online Demat Account opening procedure:
Please follow the given steps to open online Astha Trade demat account:
1. Visit Astha Trade’s official website.
2. Head to its account opening page. Enter your email address and phone number and click on the ‘continue to sign up’ button.
3. You will receive a One-Time password (OTP) on your email address as well as provided phone number. Enter the OTP to start the sign-up process.
4. You will be asked to enter your PAN card number and your date of birth. After you enter the same, click on the Get Detail option.
5. Following you have to enter some personal information such as your full name, your father’s, your mother’s name, your complete address, gender, marital status, nationality, and Aadhar card number. Tap on the Next button when you have furnished all the information.
6. You will have to enter your financial details which include your annual income, your occupation, your bank account number, type of bank account and IFSC code. Astha Trade will verify your bank details and once the verification is done, you can move on to the next step
7. Here, you have to choose the segments in which you want to trade. You can either choose the Equity and Future & Options segment or the Commodity segment or even both according to your personal preference.
8. Now you will be asked to make the online payment. While opening an Astha Trade demat account is absolutely free, you need to pay Rs. 500 if you wish to open a trading account. Astha Trade allows various online payment methods including debit and credit cards, UPI, net banking and online wallets.
9. Once the payment is successfully done, Astha Trade will ask you to upload the necessary documents. Some of the documents which you are required to upload are:
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- Income proof in case you wish to trade in derivatives
- Cancelled cheque or 6-month bank statement
10. The next step is to complete the in-person verification (IPV) process. An IPV process has been mandated by SEBI to be performed for every investor who wants to open a demat account.
11. To complete the IPV you can either upload an image holding your PAN and Aadhar card from your phone’s gallery or take a picture directly holding these documents.
12. Once everything is complete and you have furnished all your information complete, your demat account will be opened. You will receive a Beneficiary owner identity via your email address which will act as a unique account number that you can use to operate your account in the future.
Offline Demat Account Opening Procedure
For opening Astha Trade Demat Account the traditional way, please follow the given steps:
1. Visit the Astha Trade website and head to the Form and Formats page to download the account opening form.
2. Print the account opening form, fill the form up with the necessary information, sign it and attach a copy of the documents mentioned above.
3. Send the account opening form along to Astha Trade’s head office in Bhopal.
Astha Trade Charges
Demat Account Opening Charges
Astha Trades demat account charges are quite low and reasonable. While demat account opening charges are no, it charges Rs. 500 in case you want to open a trading and demat or a commodity account.
If you wish to know Astha Trade’s brokerage charges, please refer to the table given below:
|Equity Intraday Trading||0.01%|
|NSE Future Trading||0.1%|
|NSE Options Trading||Sell – Rs.10/lot, Buy – Rs.30/lot|
Apart from the above-mentioned charges, Astha Trade also charges Annual maintenance charges (AMC) from its members which are directly debited from their accounts.
AMC is Nil for trading accounts but for Astha Trade demat accounts, it is Rs. 300 per annum plus GST charges.
How Long Does it Take To Open Astha Trade Demat Account?
Once your account opening application is submitted to Astha Trade with complete and correct information and documents, it can take up to 24 hours to open your demat account.
You will receive a welcome mail from their support team along with your Beneficial owner identity aka your account number.
Once you receive your account number, you can use it for Astha Trade demat account login purpose.
In case you do not receive an email from Astha Trade in the specified time, please contact their customer care team for further support and guidance.
How to Transfer Shares from One Demat Account To Another Astha Trade
If you want to transfer shares from one account to another in Astha Trade, the whole process is quite simple.
For the transfer of shares, you need to fill the delivery instruction slip (DIS). You can receive the DIS booklet by mailing the request to the Astha Trade’s customer support team.
Make sure that while filling the DIS slip, all the information you have provided is correct and complete. After filling the DIS slip, you have to mail the same to the Astha Trade’s registered office in Bhopal.
The successful transfer of shares will be completed in the next 48 hours. However, if you have any queries regarding the same, please contact the Astha Trade support team for support.
Also Read: Astha Trade Login Platform
Close Astha Trade Demat A/c
To close the Astha Trade Demat account, you have to fill the account closure form. You can get this form by visiting one of the Astha Trade’s branches or contacting the Astha Trade support team.
Please note that Astha Trade does not provide account closure forms on its website directly, so you have to choose one of the two above-mentioned options only.
Also note that account closure is a permanent process and if you wish to trade again in the future, you will have to reopen your demat account.
In case you just wish to take a break from trading, you can just opt to deactivate your account instead of closing it permanently.
Please make sure that your demat account doesn’t have a negative balance. Clear all your pending dues before initiating the account closure process.
Also, transfer any holdings of your demat account to some other account or sell it before closing your demat account.
Astha Trade Pro & Cons
Astha Trade Pros
- Opening an Astha Trade demat account is free of cost.
- No AMC is charged for trading account
- Free call and trade options are provided on the platform
- Astha Trade is currently one of the highest margin providers in the country.
Astha Trade Cons
- None of the software or platform of Astha Trade is built in-house. Each of them has been third-party developed which displays a lack of innovation on the part of Astha Trade
- We found basic information to be missing from the Astha Trade’s website. Even though its website has a separate knowledge hub section, but the information there was not comprehensive.
Essential information such as how to close one’s demat account or how to transfer one’s shares was missing which could easily create confusion amongst the Astha Trade users.
- The commodity options trading feature is currently not permitted for the Astha Trade users.
Astha Trade is inarguably one of the best discount brokerage firms in India. A lot of factors work for Astha Trade’s benefits such as one of the highest margin exposures, low brokerage costs and attractive earning options for the users.
Additionally, the Astha trade demat account opening and closing process is easy and hassle-free helping this Bhopal based firm give some tough competition to others broke the firms located in bigger cities and having more technical support and manpower at their disposal.
What is a POA and how do I get one?
A power of attorney or a POA provides Astha Trader the right to debit shares from your account once you sell them off. You can download Astha Trade’s POA from its Form and Formats section. After downloading the form, print it, fill it up with the required information, sign it and send it to Astha Trade’s registered office.
What are the Astha Trade trading platforms?
Astha Trade provides three trading platforms to its members. The details of these trading platforms are given below:
- Odin Diet, a lightweight trading platform which is desktop based.
- Wave Mobile, a mobile trading app which is also the country’s first mobile app to provide real-time connectivity to the share market.
- HTML web-based trading software that enables users to access high-quality and secure trading services
How can I contact the Astha Trade customer support team?
There are several ways using which you can contact the support team which includes phone, email, live chat, toll-free number and visiting their offline branches.
The knowledge hub section of Astha Trade contains some of the important information that you might be looking for regarding trading, their pricing structure, funds withdrawal, and transfer and so on.
What is Astha Trade’s Refer & Earn feature?
Astha Trade beings for its users the refer and earn program via which you can earn additional money just by referring users. Just formulate a referral link by visiting the Astha Trade’s refer and earn link page.
Refer new members using your social network platforms like Facebook and Twitter or using your phone and earn commission up to 25% each time brokerage is created from these new members. The commission amount will be directly deposited to your bank account.
What is the margin provided by Astha Trade?
To know about the margin provided by Astha Trade, refer to the table below:
Equity Delivery – 5x, Equity Intraday- 40x, MCX- 20x, F&O Option – 20x, F&O Future – 66x