Astha Trade: An overview
The article discusses the key features of astha trade and astha trade account opening processes.
Astha Trade is one of the most experienced discount brokers of India, serving in derivatives, cash segments, and commodities for 20 years.
Astha Trade provides one of the highest exposure in the market reaching up to 40x for equity intraday. It also offers a number of trading platforms to its users for enhanced trading experience.
The customer friendly support gives its edge over its competitors. The innovative charting method also helps customer to get full experience of the market. Additionally no fee or brokerage is charged for auto square off for intraday trade.
The refer and earn scheme of astha trade is also highly lucrative, offering additional way of earning to its clients.
Due to its attractive features it obtains enough attention in the market. Often people try to open astha trade account online, so here we bring a stepwise guide for opening astha trade trading account.
Astha Trade Account Opening Guide
Astha Trade offers following accounts to its clients:
- Equity and derivatives trading account
- Equity Demat account
- Commodity trading account
An equity and derivative trading account is the account created by a recognized broker with stock exchange such as ‘National Stock Exchange’ (NSE) and ‘Bombay Stock Exchange’ (BSE).
An equity demat account is the account used to store securities (such as stocks and bonds0 in dematerialized or electronic form.
A commodity trading account is the account used to trade commodities from the commodity exchange such as ‘Multi Commodity Exchange’ (MCX).
Astha Trade Account Opening Charges:
Astha trade is a complete online broker, which only allows online trading. However, you can successfully open an Astha Trade Demat or trading account by submitting the account opening form in the registered office of the broker. Astha trade account opening charges are:
- INR 500* for equity and derivative trading account.
- INR 500* for commodity trading account.
- INR 0 for demat account, However Annual Maintenance Charges are applicable.
*Amount does not include service charge of the broker.
|Particulars||Astha Trade Plan|
|Account opening charges||Equity and Derivative: INR 500 |
Commodity: INR 500
|Brokerage: Eq. Delivery||0.1% (10 paisa)|
|Brokerage: Eq. Intraday||0.01% (1 paisa)|
|Brokerage: Eq. Futures||0.01% (1 paisa)|
|Brokerage: Eq. Option||Buy: INR 30 per lot Sale: INR 10 per lot|
|Brokerage: Currency derivative||INR 5 per lot|
|Brokerage: Commodity (MCX)||0.01% (1 paisa)|
|Call and trade charges||Free|
Astha Trade Online Account Opening:
A paperless online account in astha trade can be easily opened and trading can start within few hours. The detailed steps to open account in astha trade are discussed later. One can open ‘equity and derivative trading account’ and ‘commodity trading account’ together and separately according to their need.
Documents required for opening account in Astha Trade:
|Pan card||Digital copy of pan card with clear photograph|
|Aadhar Card||Scanned copy of Aadhar card; aadhar must be linked with mobile no. to obtain OTP for eSign|
|Cancelled cheque||Scanned copy of cancelled cheque; name and account number must be clearly visible|
|Income Proof||Bank account statement, Income tax return acknowledgement|
|Signature||Specimen signature on a white sheet|
Astha Trade Pros And Cons
Astha Trade Pros
- Astha Trade brokerage is one of the lowest in the segment.
- Astha Trade gives one of the highest leverage in the market.
- Astha trade Demat account opening charges is zero, with minimal annual maintenance charge of INR 300
- The software and interface is user- friendly, which makes astha trade trading account opening and trading easy.
- Astha Trade new account opening comes with various offers at different times, offering various attractive discounts.
Astha Trade Cons
- There has been a rise in customer complaints against Astha trade in recent years.
- Various new discount brokers have captured the market and have brought innovation in the market. Astha trade lacks in new innovation.
- Level 3 information is not provided by the broker.
Astha Trade Account Opening Procedure
A step-by step guide for astha trade account opening:
- Visit asthatrade.com in your web browser, you would be redirected to Astha Trade webpage. It will look like:
- Click on ‘Open A Paperless Account’. You will be redirected to open an account.
- You need to enter your email ID and your mobile number.
- You are required to enter the One time Password (OTP), you have received in your mobile number from the broker.
- Continue along with your ‘PAN’ number and Date of Birth(DOB). Pan number is used to cross-check your details.
- Click on ‘Get Detail’.
- Details are extracted from your Pan number, you must verify your name and Father’s / Spouse name.
- Enter your Mother’s name and click on next.
- You must verify your pin code and address.
- You are required to select your state.
- You must select your gender, marital status, and nationality.
- You must enter your ‘Aadhar card number’.
- You must fill your financial details which comprise annual income and selection of occupation.
- Bank account details need to be filled. You must fill your Bank IFSC code along with your bank account number. You must select your account type and click on ‘Verify Account’.
- Your bank details will be displayed, verify them, and click Next.
- If details do not match try re-entering your data and again click on ‘verify account’
- You must verify your email ID, click on ‘Verify Now’
- A link for verification of your email would be sent by the broker.
- You would have received a verification email.
- Click on ‘Verify Email Address’.
- Your email would be verified and you will be redirected back to the broker’s website.
- You need to select the segments, you want to trade-in.
- You can select a segment according to your choice, it is advised to open a Demat account along with the trading ones.
- However, you can add more segments later according to your need.
- You need to complete the payment according to your trading account selection.
- You will be redirected to complete the payment, you can pay using credit/debit card, net banking, UPI.
- After the payment is successful, you need to upload the documents.
- You need to upload documents that include uploading canceled cheque, income proof, signature, and IPV.
- The details of the documents have been already provided.
- You need to complete In-Person Verification (IPV). You need to upload your picture with Pan card in your hand.
- You will receive eSign request in your email ID
- You need to check the email and continue to eSign.
- You will be redirected for eSigning to the ‘National Securities depository limited’ (NSDL) website.
- You need to enter Aadhar number or virtual ID, You are also required to accept the terms and conditions.
You will receive OTP on your mobile number linked with Aadhar. You are required to enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will receive confirmation of eSigning.
- You have successfully completed all steps of astha trade account opening. Once all documents are verified, you can start trading within few hours.
- Astha trade supports the facility of placing trade by call. You can call astha trade for placing your order. This facility is available free of cost to the customers. It allows customers to trade even in weak internet connection. The orders specified are placed by broker on behalf of the clients.
- One can use Astha Trade web application for trading. The NET application by 63 moons can be accessed using any web browser for trading in astha trade. Despite its good interface, it is generally advised to avoid browser based trading because orders can take little longer time to get placed, which could directly affect profit and loss of the customer.
- Astha trade have its own trading software by the name ODIN DIET. Odin Diet is one of the most advanced software that supports multiple trading. The software based trading is generally promoted due to its fast speed for placing orders. Odin Diet could be used for trading in different segments.
- Astha trade also has Asthatrade Wave as a mobile app. This app is very handy and could be used even while traveling. Asthatrade mobile is available for both android and iOS. It is one of the few trading platforms available for iOS in the country.
- Astha trade also provide back- office app for mobile, it allows traders and investors to view their balance, portfolio, ledger etc, at one go in their mobile phones.
Astha trade is Bhopal based discount broker, providing its services in every segment from equities to derivatives and commodities to forex.
Astha trade is an experienced player in financial market, which has stood still in various ups and downs of the market over two decades.
It provides high exposure upto 40x which makes it competitive in the market. It highly sophisticated and powerful trading platforms are one of the best among its competitors.
Despite these characteristics’ brokerage charges of astha trade are little disappointing. Most of the stockbrokers in the country charge no brokerage on equity delivery, but it is not free in astha trade.
At the same time there is no upper limit in brokerage charges while trading, which are progressive in nature. One can be charged significantly for large trades.
Ultimately it can be said that Astha trade has maintained its distinctiveness with traditional and modern-day characteristics.
Stockquantum was founded by Dharmendra Mukati in 2018. I am a Trader and Investor in the last 10 years.
I am writing here about stock broker review, broker comparison, IPO investment, Crypto currencies, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, sub brokership, mutual fund, personal finance, and our experiences.